Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Real Friends)
    Could you expand on what it's like/what do you do in that environment?
    We have the business side, and then we have the social side (we call it harmony").

We tell jokes, play songs, instruments, play cards, drink, go bowling etc

(Original post by Howard)
    Because it's dying a death. Young people aren't interested.
    On that, we agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, where I am from, it is over-representated by Protestants. But In Italy and Spain Roman Catholics.

We take all religions, the only thing we require is that we believe in a "Supreme Being." If you don't believe in "a" god, then you can't join. Your god could be Allah, Buddha, pikachu, the cookie monster, doesn't matter. But atheists won't get in.
    so basically its like another religion? i thought that Freemasons are waiting for the messiah so do you believe he/she would be God? for so what happens when you join? does it make any difference to your life?

(Original post by Ishea16)
    so basically its like another religion? i thought that Freemasons are waiting for the messiah so do you believe he/she would be God? for so what happens when you join? does it make any difference to your life?
    No, it is not another religion. We are not waiting for a messiah. We are not waiting for the day of judgement.

As to does it make a difference to my life? let us just say there have been times when situations turned out more favourably purely/primarily due to my membership.

ReputationRep:
    No, it is not another religion. We are not waiting for a messiah. We are not waiting for the day of judgement.

As to does it make a difference to my life? let us just say there have been times when situations turned out more favourably purely/primarily due to my membership.
    oh really?

lol I can imagine, contacts everywhere:rolleyes:

oh really?

lol I can imagine, contacts everywhere:rolleyes:
    I try to discourage it tbh, but human nature to "favour friends."

ReputationRep:
    I try to discourage it tbh, but human nature to "favour friends."
    hmm really sounds like you do charitable work aswell with those 'friends':rolleyes:

hmm really sounds like you do charitable work aswell with those 'friends':rolleyes:
    Sorry you feel that way.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you feel that way.
    I'm just going off what youre telling me tbh

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's interesting..

ReputationRep:
    I never got the point of it? Just sounds like a bunch of elitist judgemental superstitious craftsmen?

ReputationRep:
    We have the business side, and then we have the social side (we call it harmony".

We tell jokes, play songs, instruments, play cards, drink, go bowling etc
    What's the business side?

(Original post by whorace)
    I never got the point of it? Just sounds like a bunch of elitist judgemental superstitious craftsmen?
    Two words: "Tammany Hall."

ReputationRep:
    Two words: "Tammany Hall."
    tell us more since youre not secretive at all

tell us more since youre not secretive at all
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Hall

Was a tongue in secret quip to whorace's assertion .
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    A family friend was in it. I asked him if I could join. The next day, took me to the temple for an interview, then a month later, got my 1st degree. As I said, its really not that big a deal joining, actually, in England they have masons at the campuses to try and get guys to join because they are so eager for young members
    What kind of questions did they ask you?

Welcome brother, we hope that you would contribute to our purpose and help us carry out our mission which has been brougt to us through the ages by the founding fathers.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    What kind of questions did they ask you?
    "Do you believe in a Supreme Being?"

"What is your occupation?"

"What do you know of us?"

ReputationRep:
    Because I am proud to belong?
    Why are you posting here anonymously then?

(Original post by Compost)
    Why are you posting here anonymously then?
    To gauge people's genuine reactions, they may conceal it or be biased, if they knew my identity.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.