Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to significantly expand my social circle in 2nd year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a First year, and although I've made some really great friends, my social circle isn't as large as I'd like.

Through societies and social events, would it be possible to expand my social circle?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes, but youll have to create more opportunities to engage with people and be a bit more pro active, without trying too hard. Do different things, so you meet different people. Hopefully some of them you will like.

ReputationRep:
    Easily, just get involved
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Where are you living next year? If youre living with a house of friends you will meet many people because if you have like house parties and stuff, you'd tell them to bring their friends and your friends to bring their friends and so forth.

If you're living in halls again (I assume you already are living in halls) then go out a little more often ad get more pro ctive on those facebook accommodation pages for your hall and stuff. I did that and I've met some amazing people. I get on with 1 out of 5 of my flatmates which I don't mind and the rest of my people ive met was through being active on social media and getting to know my neighbours (in halls).

Life isn't going to go the way you want it to sometimes, it's gonna go the way it's supposed to. So don't worry just yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theperformer)
    I'm a First year, and although I've made some really great friends, my social circle isn't as large as I'd like.

Through societies and social events, would it be possible to expand my social circle?
    Anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Join societies, go to events, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    Anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Join societies, go to events, etc.
    Oh that's awesome! I'm gonna set my mind to breaking the light barrier!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    Oh that's awesome! I'm gonna set my mind to breaking the light barrier!!
    Please do. It's not necessarily as impossible as it may seem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.