Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 13, which might be a bit early to start thinking about careers, but I would like to pursue a career in law.

I am a high achiver, and my best subjects are English, History, French and Welsh (my first language)

However, I suffer from OCD, and I'm a perfectionist. Is this suited to a law career?

What grades in GCSE and A level would be needed? And, out if intrest, how much pay do you get? Are there any subjects you should choose that are useful? What kind of person is best suited to a law career?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't let OCD hold you back. Being a perfectionist can help as lawyers need attention to detail. They also need to be pragmatic and sometimes a practical approach wins out over detail.

Just do the subjects you enjoy and want to do. Try and get your best results.

Keep an open mind. Read the papers if you are interested and start learning about law that way. Start to see how the law plays a role in many aspects of our society

in regards to pay, it's a very very wide field. Depends on what law you practise and for who. So a tax barrister is going to earn more than a high street lawyer dependant on legal aid

It's impressive that you are engaging so early. Bests thing to do is try and get your beast results as this will set you up whatever you decide to do 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.