Turn on thread page Beta

AS AQA History 2Q The USA and Vietnam Re-sit 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I am resitting this unit as I got a C in this and an A on the other paper. I was just wondering how everyone was revising for this and if you or your teachers have made any predictions about what may appear.

I am hoping that the grade boundary will be low as it is the last paper for 2Q and therefore only year 13 re-sits will be sitting the exam!!

Thanks Adam

ReputationRep:
    Hii!
    I got a B in my Britain 1901-1951 and a D in Vietnam last year.
    My teacher is being a twonk and not putting any resit classes on or giving handouts of information or past papers. We have to relearn it all ourselves....

So far I have written up solid exam notes on all the US presidents actions and events in Vietnam. Next, I'm thinking of breaking down onto one piece of A4, all the successes and failures of each presidents term.

Last year,my teacher spent 4 solid weeks on background information!! This time I fitted all the background into onto 1 page thank the gods!!

I'm struggling to remember what was on the exam last year... I think something about Diem and the strategic hamlets programme?? And a Q on Nixon??

How you feeling about it?? I hope your teacher is helping you out!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya- thanks for replying!!

I got 65 UMS on this (mid C) and 85 on Britain (mid A). The issue for me is I had two teachers for AS one for each paper and the teacher for the British paper is now my A2 teacher so I never see the other one so no revision/recap has took place in school.

Out of school, I have written up a lot of revision notes better than last year from the text book- we could share if you like?

Yes last year with Nixon and 1973-5 and Diem and Strategic Hamlets, hoping for a specific Kennedy question this year and I'm hoping for low grade boundaries!!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.