AS AQA History 2Q The USA and Vietnam Re-sit 2016 Watch

adskay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey!

I am resitting this unit as I got a C in this and an A on the other paper. I was just wondering how everyone was revising for this and if you or your teachers have made any predictions about what may appear.

I am hoping that the grade boundary will be low as it is the last paper for 2Q and therefore only year 13 re-sits will be sitting the exam!!

Thanks Adam
RachLou**
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hii!
I got a B in my Britain 1901-1951 and a D in Vietnam last year.
My teacher is being a twonk and not putting any resit classes on or giving handouts of information or past papers. We have to relearn it all ourselves....

So far I have written up solid exam notes on all the US presidents actions and events in Vietnam. Next, I'm thinking of breaking down onto one piece of A4, all the successes and failures of each presidents term.

Last year,my teacher spent 4 solid weeks on background information!! This time I fitted all the background into onto 1 page thank the gods!!

I'm struggling to remember what was on the exam last year... I think something about Diem and the strategic hamlets programme?? And a Q on Nixon??

How you feeling about it?? I hope your teacher is helping you out!
adskay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hiya- thanks for replying!!

I got 65 UMS on this (mid C) and 85 on Britain (mid A). The issue for me is I had two teachers for AS one for each paper and the teacher for the British paper is now my A2 teacher so I never see the other one so no revision/recap has took place in school.

Out of school, I have written up a lot of revision notes better than last year from the text book- we could share if you like?

Yes last year with Nixon and 1973-5 and Diem and Strategic Hamlets, hoping for a specific Kennedy question this year and I'm hoping for low grade boundaries!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (46)
28.57%
The paper was reasonable (82)
50.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
10.56%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.94%

Watched Threads