Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The other morning i was walking to the shop for some milk and i witnessed a girl in school uniform walking past a smaller, thinner girl in a different uniform and she pulled her ponytail right down to try and make the other girl fall over. The tall one casually walked over to the bus stop with her and her friends so i followed the dumb ***** to see what she thought she was playing at.
    She said she didn't know the girl and it was just a joke and also commented on how me confronting her (being older and ALOT bigger) was me bullying her and she was going to report it to her school and the police. At that point i was ready to put her face through the perspex in the bus shelter (and would have done had she been the same age/ and or she would have been in my school when i was younger) but she had a point, i was the adult- so i simply said she should report me, and i'll report her. The trouble being she had seen me walk out of my house and therefore knew my address and i didn't know who she was.

I told the smaller girl to report it but as she pointed out they went to different schools and she didn't even know who it was! And let's face it, had she fought back- she would have then also been in trouble with both schools for fighting.

She was attacked first. In my day, if somebody attacked you or bullied you you kicked the ****out of them and it wouldn't happen again- the police (if and when involved) would say that it was aggravated assault and if it was taken to court it would be thrown out under these circumstances.

But the whole situation made me think about if ever i get attacked- what would i do, realistically? No, i wouldn't report it to the police, i'd just fight back, and i wouldn't hold back, so does that make me a criminal? I couldn't risk being kicked out of uni for self defense??? Who in the right mind is going to get attacked and just stand there and ring the police who probably won't even do anything, especially if it's in the case of these two teenage girls....

Even more so, it's all these ugly little highshool runts, aged 12-14 who cause the trouble. I can't punch a 12 yo in the face.....I'm 18. Then they'd be the victim. I once had a glass bottle thrown at my face and threw it back, it hit the kids bike wheel and he scraped all of his face....then everybody said i was in the wrong because he was 'just a child'- in my opinion, if he's old enough to throw a glass bottle to cause harm, it's his fault. He said he was going to tell his parents, so i gave him my address (to confront his parent) and this little,fat sweating hag came to my door and i said if i even see her or her son near my house i'll target her- not her son next time. The police wasn't involved....

(Original post by GreekTea)
    The other morning i was walking to the shop for some milk and i witnessed a girl in school uniform walking past a smaller, thinner girl in a different uniform and she pulled her ponytail right down to try and make the other girl fall over. The tall one casually walked over to the bus stop with her and her friends so i followed the dumb ***** to see what she thought she was playing at.
    She said she didn't know the girl and it was just a joke and also commented on how me confronting her (being older and ALOT bigger) was me bullying her and she was going to report it to her school and the police. At that point i was ready to put her face through the perspex in the bus shelter (and would have done had she been the same age/ and or she would have been in my school when i was younger) but she had a point, i was the adult- so i simply said she should report me, and i'll report her. The trouble being she had seen me walk out of my house and therefore knew my address and i didn't know who she was.

I told the smaller girl to report it but as she pointed out they went to different schools and she didn't even know who it was! And let's face it, had she fought back- she would have then also been in trouble with both schools for fighting.

She was attacked first. In my day, if somebody attacked you or bullied you you kicked the ****out of them and it wouldn't happen again- the police (if and when involved) would say that it was aggravated assault and if it was taken to court it would be thrown out under these circumstances.

But the whole situation made me think about if ever i get attacked- what would i do, realistically? No, i wouldn't report it to the police, i'd just fight back, and i wouldn't hold back, so does that make me a criminal? I couldn't risk being kicked out of uni for self defense??? Who in the right mind is going to get attacked and just stand there and ring the police who probably won't even do anything, especially if it's in the case of these two teenage girls....

Even more so, it's all these ugly little highshool runts, aged 12-14 who cause the trouble. I can't punch a 12 yo in the face.....I'm 18. Then they'd be the victim. I once had a glass bottle thrown at my face and threw it back, it hit the kids bike wheel and he scraped all of his face....then everybody said i was in the wrong because he was 'just a child'- in my opinion, if he's old enough to throw a glass bottle to cause harm, it's his fault. He said he was going to tell his parents, so i gave him my address (to confront his parent) and this little,fat sweating hag came to my door and i said if i even see her or her son near my house i'll target her- not her son next time. The police wasn't involved....
    Haaaa bullying .. What a great world we live in right --' !

I think you've done great by trying to help this little girl :yep: we need more people like ya
    Trust me police wont do anything --" ..

I was witness of a lot of bullying, and always get involved to stop it -lol once a guy spit on someone in college. He paid , and today he's afraid of me one time he saw me in the street and he almost ran away :lol: (I did not even get violent tho ! I just put him at his place. )

When I was 14 a group of older guy agressed me and stole my phone, it was IN FRONT OF SCHOOL and I asked for help and nobody even cared about me.. I ran after the guy who took my phone by myself, and a girl made fun of me and nobody even called the police. I finally caught the guy, but he asked for help to his idiot of friends and they had to stop me while he was running away. I don't care about my phone. But nobody helped me .. Disgusting.

Anyway, you're a great person because you seem to care about all this

ReputationRep:
    De-escalation is the best policy.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if you can avoid getting into a disagreement with the bully that is probably best as they will know there is nothing you can genuinely do about it and will feel they've 'won' when you walk away. Might be worth complaining to their school, it's unlikely anything will be done, but the school doesn't want to look bad so if they got multiple complaints from members of the public they might take notice.

As far as what I'd do, if it was an ongoing incident I would intervene by walking up to the victim and basically walking them away from the bully (slightly different but I have actually done this when I saw a guy being aggressive with his girlfriend) along with some sort of comment as to how nasty their behaviour was. My focus would be on the victim and making sure they were okay and had a safe route home and encouraging them to report it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.