Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...this morning she got up early to go to London and my god, she made a hell of a noise!! I try to be quiet if she wants a lie-in. We have wooden floorboards on the landing and wooden stairs (right outside my bedroom) and she was forever running up and down them with her shoes on!! Then she uses her mobile as an alarm clock and every time it goes off I die a little bit inside!! The worse thing is that she leaves her alarm on snooze all morning until she leaves the house, she says so she doesnt forget to take it with her! Then she puts the TV on loud enough so I can hear it! Well my lie-in didnt go to plan this morning :mad:
    OK, Rant over.
    Do your parents do anything that annoys you?

ReputationRep:
    my parents do the same thing. Each and every morning, with their radio. And its sooooooo annoying. I feel for you, they just don't think.

ReputationRep:
    yup, this morning my dad rang me to tell me i had a letter from work. after opening it he said it was that i had training next week, and do i want the phone number, i said is it ..... he said yes but also....and gave me every other phone number (theres 4 of them in the office...so thats 8 numbers) so when i say hold on dad i only need one phone number..he then stats giving me email addresses...dad i will ring them on monday. and then he goes on about how they want me to ring them to confirm my ateendance...dad ive just told you im ringing them on monday and im not going anyway. so then i say do you remeber that you have to come and pick me up next saturday and he says yes, would you like me to bring a big car or the polo...so i say the polo is fine (as i can drive it home andget there 4 horus quicker) and then he says ...oh are we just moving your stuff to your flat then ...and im just sitting there thinking what are you going on about? its like...dad i live in a house...the same one as you. and he then goes on about how he means the house im moving into in september..in june now...why would i be moving my stuff into a house that im not moving to for another 3 months!!and why woul di make him drive 200 miles to move stuff accross exeter?!? he is such an idiot at times! then when i was really really wound up he then goes on about how hes going out tonight so he wont be in...as thou it has any thing to do with me...why would i care if hes in or not tonight?!?!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    my parents do the same thing. Each and every morning, with their radio. And its sooooooo annoying. I feel for you, they just don't think.

Mine too. mum hates people that lie in and thinks it's disgusting the way our neighbours wake up at 9!! she has her own 'rise and shine' song which is sung to the tune of twinkle twinkle lil star...it used to be funny but now it just annoys me!! and if i dont get up...whoosh, the cover is pulled off, the curtains are drawn as loud as possible and the pillow is yanked from under my head. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    Mine too. mum hates people that lie in and thinks it's disgusting the way our neighbours wake up at 9!! she has her own 'rise and shine' song which is sung to the tune of twinkle twinkle lil star...it used to be funny but now it just annoys me!! and if i dont get up...whoosh, the cover is pulled off, the curtains are drawn as loud as possible and the pillow is yanked from under my head. :mad:
    Poor you :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivideByZero)
    That's insane.
    *sigh*
    i know. she doesnt want me to be 'lazy' apparently. i have given up arguing my side now. but recently i have discovered a method that allows me to cling on to my duvet a bit longer. It involved technical movement where you have to end up sleeping horizontally.
    It worked pretty good yday!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I feel the pain.....I have to live at my parents house because I broke my legs and they live in a first floor house. This requires me to be woken up every morning at 8am by mother/brothers/dogs. Oh weekends I get a lie in till 9. The thing is I'm used to working night shifts so it doesnt go down well.

ReputationRep:
    my mum woke me up to ask me what time i wanted her to call home to wake me when she at work. Unbelievably annoying!!!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*
    i know. she doesnt want me to be 'lazy' apparently. i have given up arguing my side now. but recently i have discovered a method that allows me to cling on to my duvet a bit longer. It involved technical movement where you have to end up sleeping horizontally.
    It worked pretty good yday!
    I think you need a lock on your door

ReputationRep:
    sleeping horizontally.
    Don't most people do that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ++Hex++)
    Don't most people do that? :confused:
    http://www.overzero.org/sleep.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    ...this morning she got up early to go to London and my god, she made a hell of a noise!! I try to be quiet if she wants a lie-in. We have wooden floorboards on the landing and wooden stairs (right outside my bedroom) and she was forever running up and down them with her shoes on!! Then she uses her mobile as an alarm clock and every time it goes off I die a little bit inside!! The worse thing is that she leaves her alarm on snooze all morning until she leaves the house, she says so she doesnt forget to take it with her! Then she puts the TV on loud enough so I can hear it! Well my lie-in didnt go to plan this morning :mad:
    OK, Rant over.
    Do your parents do anything that annoys you?
    Yep! My mums boyfriend does shifts at his work and in the morning he has to get up at 5am, and he has a shower. The shower is right next to my bedroom and is soooo loud! Nooo i want to sleeeeep!

And my mum comes in drunk at night and comes into my room, wakes me up and starts shouting at me. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivideByZero)
    http://www.overzero.org/sleep.jpg

Your sig is hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    my mum calls me mental coz she says im obsessed with noise, but firstly, my dad gets up at 4.00 to go to work (postman) he goes in the bathroom coughing, stamps his way downstairs, slams pans down in the kitchen loud enough so i can hear them and turns the TV on. i normally lie in bed until 5am till he has gone and go downstairs to turn the tv off coz he leaves it on.
    then my mum gets up at 7 am and there is an exact repeat of what happens. (exept she watches tv in her room).
    i appriciate that their working but evrytime i bring up the subject of them being more quiet in the morning they go mad saying that i do nothing in the house and their working full time etc. also that its their house and they'll behave how they want.

what can i do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    OMG your parents are all mad if mine made that much noise id have a fit
    my mum has an obsession bout askin questions and tellin me and my dad what to do what to wear what to eat and when to breath (seriously)

ReputationRep:
    I Hate it when my mom comes in to my room to clean " dont even know why she tries!!" she opens the shades and will literally begin to vacume!?!?! :eek:

And then when i wake up shes like

Oh, im sorry hunny, were you sleeping"

Jeeeeeez?!?!!

DO THEY NOT THING< DO THEY NOT THINK??

And oh yes, my mom will be in the kitchen ironing, and with her spray bottle will lean over and spray my neck, and that kills me!!

I haven't really read this properly but you're lucky you have a mum around to be annoying, though my dad gives me plenty to complain about...

ReputationRep:
    My parents let the dog out at 7am, and every other hour after that, and all it does is bark, very loudly. You have no idea how annoying this is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I haven't really read this properly but you're lucky you have a mum around to be annoying, though my dad gives me plenty to complain about...

Im sorry about that

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.