Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm hoping to go to Reading in Sept, Property and Finance course.
    Just about to make it my firm choice has any one on that course got advice about the best accommodation to go for in first year, and any other advice on negotiating for a unconditional offer, their offer atm is 3 B's do you think if I make it my only choice they may improve my offer?
    How flexible are they on grades?
    would really appreciate any feed back, thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by will Keeler)
    Hi
    I'm hoping to go to Reading in Sept, Property and Finance course.
    Just about to make it my firm choice has any one on that course got advice about the best accommodation to go for in first year, and any other advice on negotiating for a unconditional offer, their offer atm is 3 B's do you think if I make it my only choice they may improve my offer?
    How flexible are they on grades?
    would really appreciate any feed back, thanks!

Hello,

You will probably be located in the Henly Buisness School, this is closest to the park group halls (so Mackinder, Childs, Windsor or Dunsen Cresent). It's also pretty sociable around here because it's near Park bar which is one of our main bars on campus! To be honest though as the Henly Buisness school is on central campus it doesn't really matter too much where you choose because most of our halls are between a 10 and 15 minute walk away! All halls have their own perks as well, e.g. St Pats and St Georges are really sociable, Wessex has its own bar and Bridges is pretty new!
    I would recommend just having a look online at the accommodation (the pictures are pretty accurate) and making a decision from their!

http://www.reading.ac.uk/15/life/acc...alls-list.aspx

As for getting an unconditional offer, if you've been offered 3B's then it's very unlikely that offer is going to change, no matter what you do!
    However if you don't meet the requirements with your exam results the university is pretty good at considering everyone and you still have a great chance!

I hope this helped, feel free to ask anymore questions!
    Amelia, student ambassador studying Histroy and Archeology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.