Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am starting an undergraduate Law degree in Sep, and i would like to know if there are any books that perhaps current students would suggest reading in preparation? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Your university will have a reading list, it will probably be on the department website, or you can just email them and ask for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Your university will have a reading list, it will probably be on the department website, or you can just email them and ask for it.
    I thought so too, but i have asked them and they said just to prepare by reading articles.

ReputationRep:
    If you know what your first year modules are going to be then I suggest trying to find resources for it anywhere. Even a quick google search will bring up bits of information (it need not be said really but beware of wikipedia). Your university should eventually give out a reading list so I would be hesitant to buy any books in the meantime. It might be helpful to find a library and see what books they have, if not you could always spend time in waterstones reading parts of a book without having to buy it (i've never tried this myself, maybe I should have). If you do know your modules i'd suggest buying the 'law express' revision guides for each subject. That way you can use them when it comes to exams aswell. You can't go wrong with them revision guides! (They have enough information to get you started on the subject and you can suppliment it with your own research online if the revision guides don't provide enough detail)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJames)
    If you know what your first year modules are going to be then I suggest trying to find resources for it anywhere. Even a quick google search will bring up bits of information (it need not be said really but beware of wikipedia). Your university should eventually give out a reading list so I would be hesitant to buy any books in the meantime. It might be helpful to find a library and see what books they have, if not you could always spend time in waterstones reading parts of a book without having to buy it (i've never tried this myself, maybe I should have). If you do know your modules i'd suggest buying the 'law express' revision guides for each subject. That way you can use them when it comes to exams aswell. You can't go wrong with them revision guides! (They have enough information to get you started on the subject and you can suppliment it with your own research online if the revision guides don't provide enough detail)
    Thank you! I will have a look at the Law express books. I have no large library near me, just a very small one, and as for a Waterstones, the closest bookstore to me is an hour away! Thanks for the help, much appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.