Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about buying a game on Steam.

I enjoy puzzle games such as Portal and Portal 2, Arcade games such as VVVVVV and platformer games such as Battleblock Theater.

My library has hardly anything in it, please reply with your recommendation and the price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonBrks)

I enjoy puzzle games such as Portal and Portal 2, Arcade games such as VVVVVV and platformer games such as Battleblock Theater.

My library has hardly anything in it, please reply with your recommendation and the price.
    Rocket League.
    Prepare for addiction though.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    The Portal series was amazing, especially Portal 2! :ahee:
    I'd recommend:
    - Among the Sleep (it's first person and a puzzle type game too) - £10.99.
    - Kairo (another first person puzzle game) - £0.79.
    - Alice: Madness Returns (it's a second part of the game, but you don't really need to know what happens in the first to be honest) - £14.99.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I'd recommend:
    - Alice: Madness Returns (it's a second part of the game, but you don't really need to know what happens in the first to be honest) - £14.99.
    FYI wait for a sale, and preferably on GOG.com, because two of those prices are awful.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    FYI wait for a sale, and preferably on GOG.com, because two of those prices are awful.
    True, I wish every game was £0.79.

ReputationRep:
    True, I wish every game was £0.79.
    Before a few years ago, on Steam, they totally were!

ReputationRep:

I have a few games in my steam library.

Stranded Deep is something I got on Steam Greenlight and I'm quite pleased with so far, still in development but got a lot going for it, and a great user modding base too which is always cool.

The other game that I keep coming back to is KSP. Perhaps it's my technical background (if you hate maths, then give it a wide berth. At the same time, it could be one of those games that just might get you going again!). It's got a great balance of gameplay and actual knowledge to get you to discover new things and learn new stuff without being cheesy or dated about it.

Personally I love it. And again, huge modding communituy.

And then, there's Skyrim. Oh Skyrim, what you cannot give us. People who buy Skyrim to play on console are missing out sorely. There's so much more with the addons from Steam Workshop and Nexus, it can be transformed into so many different kinds of game. The core game is a Scandinavian Folklore-type fantasy epic Action-RPG, an installment in the successful Elder Scrolls franchise. Except with Skyrim, there are so many mods out there, it can become pretty much anything from an RPG magic sorcery game, to a hardcore first person survival game, to a first person Sims-type deal, to a Spartacus type thing, and everything inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    Since you like puzzle games, I reckon The Witness would be right down your alley, it's a massive puzzle game where you get challenges upon challenges. I've heard that nobody has managed to get to the true ending to the game yet (perhaps there isn't one, which kinda fits the theme of the game).
    Its a rather new release so the price of the game is still rather high.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Goat Simulator.

Need. I. Say. More.

ReputationRep:
    JUST CAUSE 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

bro so many good games on steam, I personally just wait for sales and buy whatever I want but only during sales :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend:
    Thanks, I'll check these out.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check all of these out

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Braid or Fez yet? If not, you really should
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks, I'll check these out.
    You're welcome.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    Goat Simulator.

Need. I. Say. More.
    Yes!

But personally I think it gets a lil boring after a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy off steam though cdkeys.com are cheaper and legit I got x com2 for £25 not £40 as it was on steam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Don't buy off steam though cdkeys.com are cheaper and legit I got x com2 for £25 not £40 as it was on steam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only those with more money than sense would pay up to £40 for a digital copy of a game :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Only those with more money than sense would pay up to £40 for a digital copy of a game :eek3:
    I know right

ReputationRep:
    Victoria 2 is the best game. Its so addicting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.