Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey,

So five days ago I was caught smoking weed in my room, not literally, but the warden and one of the investigation team knocked on my door so suddenly so I was about to check who it was, while I was at it they unlocked the door and came in with the room reeking of cannabis, and complaining that the smell was too strong. Everything was there on the table aside from the weed, and I admitted to smoking without any resistance, as everything was visible including the grinder. They said that I would be placed under stage 3 disciplinary, and have to attend drug awareness classes as I was confused about the fact that cannabis is illegal, where I thought it was decriminalised. They also pointed out that covering the fire alarm with a sock is another issue which endangers the lives of my flatmates in an event of a fire. The disciplinary meeting is scheduled on the 20th of April, and until then they just made me promise not to smoke again in the room, and 30 minutes after the incident, the incident was reported on my student profile but I have no idea what's going to happen. The police didn't interfere, but pictures of the grinder and tobacco were taken and that was that. The meeting won't take place until next month, and it'll be with my program tutor, so I have no idea on how to approach this. Will I be kicked out of the halls, dismissed from the course just for smoking cannabis? And it was my very first time breaking one of the halls or uni's policies.

ReputationRep:
    You're an ass for doing it in halls. Not everyone wants to return to their flat to be met with the stench of cannabis.

And you're a liar for claiming you thought it was decriminalised lmao. You knew damn well they it wasn't.

As for the punishments, I have no idea what they are. Ctrl f your hall terms and conditions for a rough idea. Or uni policies.

But whatever punishment you get, you deserve it. If you're going to be a pothead then do it in a private place. Not in uni halls

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I actually have experience on this very topic. I too have been caught doing almost the exact same at college, however I did it on open day and didn't have a clean record at all.

It is more than likely you will be removed from halls. It is best to come clean about the whole thing and just tell the truth. It is less likely they will remove you from uni all together.

EDIT: Thinking about it there was a group caught smoking in halls at my uni and they didn't get kicked out so you might get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    Just be thankful that they didn't report you/get you to court in the first instance. Whatever else happens surely you'd expect it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.