Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgh idk why i'm making this tbh, i just get so frustrated :/ I'm so so fed up of everyone commenting on everything i do. Idk what it is about me that they seem to feel the urge to be so shocked when i do something. I get to an extent that i am quite a safe person so like if i turned up in a punk outfit or started drinking vodka then yeah obviously everyone would comment but they would do that to anyone. It is just small things that really get on my nerves. I drink cola one time 'omg you drink cola?' like wow. amazing. I brush my hair...'omg you brush your hair', like yeah i don't want to look like a dog :/ It sounds trivial and it is but when it is everyday constantly it gets annoying. People always tell me they want o change me and do this and that to me and then when i finally do the teeniest tiny change or do something i have been doing for ages but they only just notice everyone is shocked. I just feel trapped, like i can't do anything without repercussions. Don't want to wear makeup and stuff but if i did it would be some massive thing and noone would ever shut up. urgh idk what the point of that was but wahey there we go :/

ReputationRep:
    why would anyone look at your brushing your hair like it's some big shock? like wtf.

I can only assume from the language used and the general immaturity of the comments you are getting that you are quite young. Most of this stuff passes, the tiny minor stuff anyway. As you get into adulthood this stuff fades. You'll still get people commenting on things but less so, and as you get older you'll develop better coping skills and maturity to deal with the idiots who can't keep their comments to themselves.

It won't be like this forever, and don't let it bother you. Like really why should their comments mean anything to you?

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    why would anyone look at your brushing your hair like it's some big shock? like wtf.

I can only assume from the language used and the general immaturity of the comments you are getting that you are quite young. Most of this stuff passes, the tiny minor stuff anyway. As you get into adulthood this stuff fades. You'll still get people commenting on things but less so, and as you get older you'll develop better coping skills and maturity to deal with the idiots who can't keep their comments to themselves.

It won't be like this forever, and don't let it bother you. Like really why should their comments mean anything to you?
    well exactly :/ i try to hide it so noone would comment but someone saw
    well i'm in y12 so you would have thought people would have grown up a bit but apparently not. I'm not being like all snowflakey when i say i'm different to them but i actually am, like as in i have a traditional background, no phone, social media (well apart from this but this is a secret lol) and i dress in suits and stuff. I think therein lies the problem because everyone sees me as this safe, cute thing that if i did anything even midly different because nothing ever happens in school it would be like a big deal to them :/ like people were saying the other day how they wanted me to go to a party (never been to a party since yr8) because they said it would be funny to get me drunk (never drank). Thank you sophiesmalls :hugs:
    and well it bothers me because i catch people sniggering at me behind my back and i care what people think i wish i didnt but i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well exactly :/ i try to hide it so noone would comment but someone saw
    well i'm in y12 so you would have thought people would have grown up a bit but apparently not. I'm not being like all snowflakey when i say i'm different to them but i actually am, like as in i have a traditional background, no phone, social media (well apart from this but this is a secret lol) and i dress in suits and stuff. I think therein lies the problem because everyone sees me as this safe, cute thing that if i did anything even midly different because nothing ever happens in school it would be like a big deal to them :/ like people were saying the other day how they wanted me to go to a party (never been to a party since yr8) because they said it would be funny to get me drunk (never drank). Thank you sophiesmalls :hugs:
    and well it bothers me because i catch people sniggering at me behind my back and i care what people think i wish i didnt but i do

You need to stop focusing on what other people are saying, especially on such trivial matters such as this.

You may care now (overly so) but you certainly can change that by changing your behaviours and outlook on what actually matters.

I used to be really insecure and think way too much what people thought about me, but frankly now I barely care. I am who I am, and I do what I do regardless of what people say and think and that's okay and I am happy with that. Start asking yourself, why do you care? Does it matter? ect. And change your thought patterns accordingly.

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    You need to stop focusing on what other people are saying, especially on such trivial matters such as this.

You may care now (overly so) but you certainly can change that by changing your behaviours and outlook on what actually matters.

I used to be really insecure and think way too much what people thought about me, but frankly now I barely care. I am who I am, and I do what I do regardless of what people say and think and that's okay and I am happy with that. Start asking yourself, why do you care? Does it matter? ect. And change your thought patterns accordingly.
    see i would do that if i was actually happy with the way i am (which im not at all lol) but i do want to change myself and them just commenting makes me want to do it more cos it highlights how crap i am especially when they give me lon lists of what they would do to me. Ik it is trivial but i'm stuck with these people for hours on end daily problem is that if i did do anything to change myself they would never shut up about it and take the piss, hence why i feel trapped although i get that that wasn't a very helpful response bc idk how i expect other ppl to do something about it when i cant myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    see i would do that if i was actually happy with the way i am (which im not at all lol) but i do want to change myself and them just commenting makes me want to do it more cos it highlights how crap i am especially when they give me lon lists of what they would do to me. Ik it is trivial but i'm stuck with these people for hours on end daily problem is that if i did do anything to change myself they would never shut up about it and take the piss, hence why i feel trapped although i get that that wasn't a very helpful response bc idk how i expect other ppl to do something about it when i cant myself

If you're not happy with yourself then start changing yourself. But don't change what they want, change what you want.

What your 6th form class think and say doesn't matter, you'll realise this one day and wonder why you ever let it get to you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.