Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My idea is to create a short two-part web series on Channel 4od, each webisode being roughly around 20 minutes. I would like to aim it at teenagers aged 15-19 to educate them on drug and alcohol use/abuse. I have taken inspiration from shows such as skins. I would like to feature actors to do reconstructions as well as real teenagers or even reformed drug/alcohol abusers. I want to educate my demographic, I have realised that this is a taboo subject that isn’t touched upon enough.

Above is my idea for an educational show, it's part of my coursework. I'd really love to have some short responses, please feel free to say what you do/don't like about it and why. Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    I'd disagree, 15-19 year olds are bombarded by those kinds of well-intentioned messages that ultimately fall to prevent drug and alcohol abuse. Every 19 year old knows the dangers associated with drugs and alcohol, but many still abuse them. You'd need to take a very unique angle on it to stand out. Think about how you'd be able to change their behavior without lecturing about the dangers of drugs - that doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    I'd disagree, 15-19 year olds are bombarded by those kinds of well-intentioned messages that ultimately fall to prevent drug and alcohol abuse. Every 19 year old knows the dangers associated with drugs and alcohol, but many still abuse them. You'd need to take a very unique angle on it to stand out. Think about how you'd be able to change their behavior without lecturing about the dangers of drugs - that doesn't work.
    Thanks, I'm thinking of maybe changing it up and focusing more on the addiction side of it. People are always very quick to judge those with an addiction without having any knowledge of what it is. Personally, I don't see many drug/alcohol campaigns (or at least that I know of), plenty of campaigns and awareness raised about STI's and what not but that's basically why I thought about doing this. I guess I feel like the information is only there when you search for it on the internet because drugs and alcohol have become such a casual thing now. Thanks again for your response.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.