The Student Room Group

Aston or Durham?

Hi,
I want to study biomedical science and in order to work in the NHS the course has to be accredited by the IBMS. Only one Russell group university provided this course (Durham) but the grades were AAA, so I did not apply. I applied to Aston however as their grades were ABB. I have received an offer from Aston (ABB) and it is my first choice. It is a really good university for biomed and I visited and really liked both the university and the surrounding area (right in the middle of Birmingham). What I'm wondering is, if I manage to get AAA, should I apply to Durham through adjustment? The only thing compelling me is that its generally a 'better' university, which of course is important but to be honest Aston appeals to me much more. Also, Aston is better for my course so what is more valued, the better university for your course or just the better university?
Thanks for any advice :smile:
Original post by daviem
Hi,
I want to study biomedical science and in order to work in the NHS the course has to be accredited by the IBMS. Only one Russell group university provided this course (Durham) but the grades were AAA, so I did not apply. I applied to Aston however as their grades were ABB. I have received an offer from Aston (ABB) and it is my first choice. It is a really good university for biomed and I visited and really liked both the university and the surrounding area (right in the middle of Birmingham). What I'm wondering is, if I manage to get AAA, should I apply to Durham through adjustment? The only thing compelling me is that its generally a 'better' university, which of course is important but to be honest Aston appeals to me much more. Also, Aston is better for my course so what is more valued, the better university for your course or just the better university?
Thanks for any advice :smile:

Heya :h: I've moved this to the Life Sciences forum - hopefully you should be able to get a better response in here than in uni life. :borat:
If it's NHS you should be pretty much guaranteed a job anyway I would have thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending