The Student Room Group

Southampton, Newcastle or Lancaster for Linguistics?!

Hey,

I've got offers from Newcastle, Lancaster and Southampton for various linguistics combinations (Ling and Business at Newcastle, Ling and Psychology at Lancaster and Eng Lang and Ling with Psychology at Southampton)

Now I just feel really confused, they're all ranked highly for linguistics but it changes from table to table and on the overall table still confuses me as Lancaster is ranked highest but I think Newcastle & Southampton have better overall employment rates and a better reputation.

I just dunno what to do, if you were in my position what would you do and where would you go?!

Disclaimer* I know it's my own choice and ultimately it's down to work experience in regards to making a success of my degree and getting a job at the end, I've already done that to get these offers as my grades are way below their atypical offers but my first year at Essex combined with my work experience has gotten me unconditionals. I could really just do with an outsiders perspective because my family are bias towards Newcastle, my friends think Lancaster and my best friend thinks Southampton as he goes there.
Heya :h:

I've moved this to the Foreign Languages, literature and culture forum for you - hopefully it'll be better for getting responses than the University Life forum.

Best of luck! :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending