Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do you usually wait before you say I love you? Vote on the poll!

ReputationRep:
    I said it to my dog the other day, #foreveralone

ReputationRep:
    Before I eat the cake with dramatic music playing, tears rolling down my face. Raining heavily

In reality, I don't know

ReputationRep:
    When and only when you mean it, the more you say it the less value it has, the quicker you say it the less value it has.

ReputationRep:
    According to some of the TSR couples I have seen: 43 seconds into the relationship is the norm to say "I love you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    According to some of the TSR couples I have seen: 43 seconds into the relationship is the norm to say "I love you".
    Cheap cheap cheap. Booooooooo!! Shame
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by whorace)
    When and only when you mean it, the more you say it the less value it has, the quicker you say it the less value it has.
    PRSOM :grumble:

You say it when the time is right and when you mean it. If you're not sure that you should be saying it, perhaps you shouldn't say it :nah:

Anyone else wishing they had problems like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone else wishing they had problems like this?
    Lol it's quite serious, too quickly or too long and it can ruin a relationship, depends on the people involved.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the poll?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    When it feels right, when there have been enough dates and I know enough about them to actually mean it.

ReputationRep:
    When the time is right, though don't expect the other person to say it and actually mean it
    the same time when you say it.

Everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    whenever you want to ??
    why does it have to be so deep

ReputationRep:
    Never

ReputationRep:
    If you have been 'in love' enough times that you can have a 'usual' time when it happens, you havent been in love, just infatuated.

I think we say 'i love you' when we are infatuated someone for a while, which is fine because it does feel like love, but it's not until you get past the honeymoon period that you can tell if it was true love or not, i think.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    When I've taken the first bite of the chocolate bar:yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.