Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there many non-biracial mixed race people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean obviously there's a lot but I mean in the UK or in the West in general? I find it very annoying when I want to see mixed race people, all of them seem to be biracial.

Is anyone else here, mixed but not biracial?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you find it annoying? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Why do you find it annoying? lol
    Because I literally never find non-biracial mixed people, if I search mixed race, they are always biracial. I go on the mixed race subreddit and it is all catered to biracial people (and even then mainly half white half other ethnicity), I don't have a problem with people like that, I have family like that and so on. But it seems the mixed race narrative is for biracial people, a lot of blog posts all preach a similar message.

If you say you're mixed race, someone's first question is always what are your parents, not what are you. But this is only a simple question if you are biracial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Because I literally never find non-biracial mixed people, if I search mixed race, they are always biracial. I go on the mixed race subreddit and it is all catered to biracial people (and even then mainly half white half other ethnicity), I don't have a problem with people like that, I have family like that and so on. But it seems the mixed race narrative is for biracial people, a lot of blog posts all preach a similar message.
    What's the difference and why the interest with it?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Wait a generation or two, biracial people will be having kids together

I'm half Japanese and half Irish (sorry!) so my children will undoubtedly be mixed race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    What's the difference and why the interest with it?
    The difference is your parents could be mixed race as well and not the same mix as each other which makes you not biracial.

Because it is assumed that if you are mixed race you are biracial, which isn't always the case. I understand it is maybe less likely but I feel I've never met anyone who shares this with me (other than my own family I guess or people from my country but I don't see them at all). The interest is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    The difference is your parents could be mixed race as well and not the same mix as each other which makes you not biracial.

Because it is assumed that if you are mixed race you are biracial, which isn't always the case. I understand it is maybe less likely but I feel I've never met anyone who shares this with me (other than my own family I guess or people from my country but I don't see them at all). The interest is
    oh right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Wait a generation or two, biracial people will be having kids together

I'm half Japanese and half Irish (sorry!) so my children will undoubtedly be mixed race
    I don't have a problem with biracial people lol, biracial people are necessary for their to be non biracial mixed people.

Sorry if it came across that way, I just wanted to see if there were others like me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.