Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. i'm having issues revising Rates Of Reaction at this moment in time. I've created mind maps and have attempted to do exam questions.

I'm getting low marks in the questions though - I feel like everything I've revised has just gone out of my head. Any suggestions/advice on how you've revised Rates Of Reaction successfully?

Thanks (:

ReputationRep:
    But it's the easiest topic....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    Hi there. i'm having issues revising Rates Of Reaction at this moment in time. I've created mind maps and have attempted to do exam questions.

I'm getting low marks in the questions though - I feel like everything I've revised has just gone out of my head. Any suggestions/advice on how you've revised Rates Of Reaction successfully?

Thanks (:
    Getting low marks right now isn't necessarily a bad thing, use what you got wrong in and learn from it and answer the same questions again and you are more likely to remember what you got wrong. And if all else fails, write it out over and over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmElephant)
    But it's the easiest topic....
    Amazing contribution. Really helped me, thanks.

(nutjob)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purpleunicorn197)
    Getting low marks right now isn't necessarily a bad thing, use what you got wrong in and learn from it and answer the same questions again and you are more likely to remember what you got wrong. And if all else fails, write it out over and over again
    Alright, thank you.

i'll bear that in mind + make a note of it

ReputationRep:
    Why do you keep getting low marks in exam questions? A lack of understanding of the topic?

I don't mindmaps work for this topic (or maybe they do for you) but mindmaps works for something like learning all the organic pathways.

This is more mathematical with a bit of theory. You just need to knuckle down and understand the very basics of: the rate of a reaction, the rate equation, the rate determining step, the rate constant, and graphs of the rate of reaction.
    Is it that? Is that you just don't understand it well? Or is it you can recall what they are but it doesn't coalesce on an exam question?

They really do all interlink with one another making this topic so easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Why do you keep getting low marks in exam questions? A lack of understanding of the topic?

I don't mindmaps work for this topic (or maybe they do for you) but mindmaps works for something like learning all the organic pathways.

This is more mathematical with a bit of theory. You just need to knuckle down and understand the very basics of: the rate of a reaction, the rate equation, the rate determining step, the rate constant, and graphs of the rate of reaction.
    Is it that? Is that you just don't understand it well? Or is it you can recall what they are but it doesn't coalesce on an exam question?

They really do all interlink with one another making this topic so easy
    a lack of understanding, yeah. But you know how slippery science exam questions can be - they can especially catch me off track sometimes.

i'll try focussing on understanding the concepts of the rate of reactions; I think you're right, mind maps aren't such a good idea for this topic
    thanks (:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.