Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what to do with people who are obsessed with ur grade watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically there are a few girls in different lessons who are OBSESSED with what grade I have in a test/essay. Like they constantly ask me and idk how to reply without telling them. Like is this girl fake?

Whenever she texts me on whatsapp its about the essay that she cant complete. Or she only ever asks about my grades. Everytime I ask her for advice she laughs it off or embarasses me

ReputationRep:
    * she's always on my case and on Monday she will ask about my grade any advice on a way to not tell her? I don't want to be rude but idk whether to block her or not like I got a B in my test and she was like oh well but when she gets a bad grade she wants me to sympathise

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she wants to do Medicine too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHopefulMedic)
    Basically there are a few girls in different lessons who are OBSESSED with what grade I have in a test/essay. Like they constantly ask me and idk how to reply without telling them. Like is this girl fake?

Whenever she texts me on whatsapp its about the essay that she cant complete. Or she only ever asks about my grades. Everytime I ask her for advice she laughs it off or embarasses me
    Just ignore them for some time. They will get the message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Just ignore them for some time. They will get the message.

The thing is she asks me straight to my face so I cant blank her and others will think I'm being crazy
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why not ask her to stop asking as its getting annoying? You can either ignore, tell the truth or lie.

ReputationRep:
    Just say:
    "does it matter what grade I get?, really all that matters if I'm happy with the grade I got!, stop obsessing over other peoples grades and comparing yourself to other people,
    just ask yourself r u happy?"

That's what me and my friends do. just coz some of us are capable of different levels in different subjects.
    Its all about achieving what you want to achieve or what your comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she is jealous. I hate people like that. One of my bright friends failed her first year of a levels - she resat year 12 again and produced some amazing results. Shes now in year 13. Yet some people still bait her out for failing a levels in the first place. Like what is your problem?? It happened for the better... block her.

snake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaisalNaeem03)
    snake
    why is she a snake?

(Original post by indigofox)
    why is she a snake?
    snakkkkkkkkkkkkkkke not op btw

ReputationRep:
    I am willing to wager that she has not done her work and is pretending to be 'stuck' in the hope that you're a soft touch who will give her all the answers and get her a first.

I used to fall for this crap in first year when I was doing my law degree, until I wisened to their crap. They knew I worked hard and was probably getting good grades so would play on that because they couldn't be bothered to study. In second year I just used to pretend I didn't know the answers everytime they messaged; they soon stopped asking. I am willing to bet they moved on to some other poor sod though rather than getting the message that they actually had to study for their answers.

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw I just fully ignore her now. I help her when I can be bothered but I don't go out of my way to help her anymore and I haven't told her my grades.

ReputationRep:
    Like they constantly ask me and idk how to reply without telling them.
    Why is it such a big secret?

ReputationRep:
    Same thing you do when you get a bum school report.. stick 'em in the shredder!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Why is it such a big secret?
    It's not but at the same time why would u keep asking if the person said that they didn't want to tell you?

ReputationRep:
    Stop, drop and roll with it

ReputationRep:
    It's not but at the same time why would u keep asking if the person said that they didn't want to tell you?
    Well, quite, but you don't have control over what they're asking. You only have control over your answer. Maybe just answering the question is the easiest way to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Well, quite, but you don't have control over what they're asking. You only have control over your answer. Maybe just answering the question is the easiest way to deal with it.
    But then they will just keep on going on and on about what you got wrong and how you are never going to improve etc and how they are so much smarter and how they barely revised etc. Its just negativity that I don't really need. I already have a lot of self doubt I don't need others to join in.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to BACK THE **** UP!! (*it's not that rude only used one F-bomb)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.