Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me, I'm desperate-->Job....... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey people! Well I'm 17 ( don't think the age makes any difference), and have never had any type of jobs before. NONE.

I've always wanted a job. I created an "Average/ Good" CV, sent it to different shops, and even applied online but got no luck.

Any advice?

I think it's either due to the lack of experience/ my cv is rubbish that I am not getting any jobs/ interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean a part time job alongside studying, or full time job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Do you mean a part time job alongside studying, or full time job?
    Part time, and maybe full time during the summer hols?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of jobs are you applying for? What experience do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    Part time, and maybe full time during the summer hols?
    Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest is to just keep asking around everywhere. There isn't much else you can do really.

ReputationRep:
    Your first job is often the hardest one to get due to lack of previous experience.

You're just going to have to keep trying, apply for any and all jobs you can. You can't afford to be picky with the jobs you apply for with no prior work under your belt.

Also if you haven't already get your CV checked by a careers advisor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    What kind of jobs are you applying for? What experience do you have?
    Sales assistant
    No experience

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest is to just keep asking around everywhere. There isn't much else you can do really.
    Hm

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    Your first job is often the hardest one to get due to lack of previous experience.

You're just going to have to keep trying, apply for any and all jobs you can. You can't afford to be picky with the jobs you apply for with no prior work under your belt.

Also if you haven't already get your CV checked by a careers advisor.
    Dunno what jobs to apply apart from sales assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sales assistant
    No experience

Hm

pretty much every job (apart from bar work as under 18) that is not a professional job. So shelf stackers, cleaner ect.

Have someone help you apply for jobs if you are unsure what to apply.

Also when do you turn 18? Because bar work is usually very easy to get and is often available especially for students.

ReputationRep:
    Sales assistant
    No experience

Hm

It's hard to get a job with no experience - did you do any work experience in school/college? Make sure to include that if so. I volunteered at an oxfam shop when I was 16 and I think that helped me get my first job as it is still shop experience and I did money handling etc. You just have to keep on applying to loads of jobs and keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    pretty much every job (apart from bar work as under 18) that is not a professional job. So shelf stackers, cleaner ect.

Have someone help you apply for jobs if you are unsure what to apply.

Also when do you turn 18? Because bar work is usually very easy to get and is often available especially for students.
    Birthday on 25th July

(Original post by Jenx301)
    It's hard to get a job with no experience - did you do any work experience in school/college? Make sure to include that if so. I volunteered at an oxfam shop when I was 16 and I think that helped me get my first job as it is still shop experience and I did money handling etc. You just have to keep on applying to loads of jobs and keep trying.
    Right

Well I shadowed a dietician

ReputationRep:
    Birthday on 25th July

Right

Well I shadowed a dietician
    Right, well when you turn 18 you'll be able to apply for bar/ pub work and you'll have more opportunity to work in supermarkets as well as you'll be able to sell alcohol on the tills.

But until then just keep applying for anything and everything.

ReputationRep:
    Right, well when you turn 18 you'll be able to apply for bar/ pub work and you'll have more opportunity to work in supermarkets as well as you'll be able to sell alcohol on the tills.

But until then just keep applying for anything and everything.
    As a Muslim I'm not ganna sell alcohol.

Okay

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim I'm not ganna sell alcohol.

Okay
    Okay then. Then obviously don't apply for those jobs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.