Turn on thread page Beta

Removing a car seat stain watch

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to remove it with upholstery cleaner, but it's too stubborn and wasn't removed at all. I think it's a very old coffee stain. Does anyone know what I can use to remove it?

ReputationRep:
    The easiest option is probably just a new seat. Hang out on eBay for a while and a seat from the same car with the same upholstery should pop up for a decent price. Couple of bolts and just swap them over.

ReputationRep:
    Tried using a carpet cleaner? Rug Doctor or whatever theyre called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    The easiest option is probably just a new seat. Hang out on eBay for a while and a seat from the same car with the same upholstery should pop up for a decent price. Couple of bolts and just swap them over.
    Too much money/effort

(Original post by BrownEyedGirl92)
    Tried using a carpet cleaner? Rug Doctor or whatever theyre called.
    This is what somebody else told me to do. I think I'll give it a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Some sort of bio washing powder would be a good start - let it sit in a bit.

... and take your mates car next time you go dogging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gherk)
    Too much money/effort

This is what somebody else told me to do. I think I'll give it a shot.
    If your car is a few years old then a new seat is like £20, and most cars are like 10 minutes to swap the front seats over. Waaaaay less effort than deep cleaning stains IMO!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Always best to do it while they're fresh, but as has been said you could try a carpet cleaner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    If your car is a few years old then a new seat is like £20, and most cars are like 10 minutes to swap the front seats over. Waaaaay less effort than deep cleaning stains IMO!
    My car is an 03 Fiesta.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to use laboratory grade sanitary equipment to remove stains but whatever works is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh, did someone get some population paste on the backseat whilst doing the dirty? Always put down a towel or a sheet first.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.