The Student Room Group

Need some advice please

I spoke to the girl I like last week on Monday; it was a good conversation and we both found out we're from the same part of london. And on Tuesday we had a really quick conversation. I added her on fb a couple of days ago but I haven't messaged her or spoke on chat.

I was thinking of asking for her number next week if I get the chance. Is this too early? And any advice on how I could go about doing this if its not?

We both go to the same uni and do the same course and uni is finishing in 3 weeks so I'm kinda short on time.

Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
I spoke to the girl I like last week on Monday; it was a good conversation and we both found out we're from the same part of london. And on Tuesday we had a really quick conversation. I added her on fb a couple of days ago but I haven't messaged her or spoke on chat.

I was thinking of asking for her number next week if I get the chance. Is this too early? And any advice on how I could go about doing this if its not?

We both go to the same uni and do the same course and uni is finishing in 3 weeks so I'm kinda short on time.

Thank you.

I don't think it's too early to ask for her number but always best to ask in person if you can. Definitely have some conversation before and then you can move into saying you like her and would like to get her number. If you're friends on fb / on the same course though why wouldn't you ask her out and get her number then? Surely that's all you want her number for?
Reply 2
Original post by Jennie1987
I don't think it's too early to ask for her number but always best to ask in person if you can. Definitely have some conversation before and then you can move into saying you like her and would like to get her number. If you're friends on fb / on the same course though why wouldn't you ask her out and get her number then? Surely that's all you want her number for?

Yh I wanna ask her in person. Do u mean ask her out on fb? If so I'm not sure about that.

I wanna get her number so I can chat with her on whatsapp then ask her out. Even though we're on the same course it's hard to approach her because she's always with her friends.

I have 0 experience with this stuff; it's the first time I've liked a girl enough to try and get her number.
Reply 3

Thank you.

Hello!

By all means find an opportunity to meet her in person again and ask her for her number; explain your circumstances to her and that way, I'm very sure she'll be very understanding of your situation (considering that she's also got three weeks left like you do!). After all, you guys seemed to have instant chemistry!

Alternatively, meet up with her, for instance, an hour or two per week and on the last week, ask her for her number and ask her if she's still interested in staying in contact with you.

Hope these tips help!
FLM3026
Yh I wanna ask her in person. Do u mean ask her out on fb? If so I'm not sure about that.

I wanna get her number so I can chat with her on whatsapp then ask her out. Even though we're on the same course it's hard to approach her because she's always with her friends.

I have 0 experience with this stuff; it's the first time I've liked a girl enough to try and get her number.

What's different about chatting to her and asking her out on whatsapp compared to doing the same on fb / via text / in person at uni(once alone)? I think you're adding in a step that is unnecessary but whatever is comfortable for you.

If you're asking for her number then that gives the message you're wanting to ask her out really so seems easier to ask her out then.
Getting her number shouldn't be a priority. You'll get it if you ask her out on a date.

Keep the conversations lively and don't forget to playfully tease her from time to time.
Reply 6
Original post by Jennie1987
What's different about chatting to her and asking her out on whatsapp compared to doing the same on fb / via text / in person at uni(once alone)? I think you're adding in a step that is unnecessary but whatever is comfortable for you.

If you're asking for her number then that gives the message you're wanting to ask her out really so seems easier to ask her out then.

Yh you're right it's not much different, but I don't think she goes on fb regularly or has messenger. I think it's too early to ask her out though especially since exams are going to be starting in May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending