Turn on thread page Beta

caught bf doing drugs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    She doesn't have to accept it, she can leave him. But she can't make him change or stop doing things because she doesn't like it unless his behaviour is negatively affecting her (like if he became abuse when drunk ect).
    Fair enough. It is already affecting her negatively though (crying profusely etc etc) but I get your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Fair enough. It is already affecting her negatively though (crying profusely etc etc) but I get your point.
    I wouldn't really count that as his behaviour affecting her negatively not directly anyway, he's not done anything to harm her or anything like that. She just isn't dealing with it well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i honestly don't know what to do. its been two days since i left the house crying. don't even ask where he got it from coz i don't even know. i really don't want to go through this with him. am 19 and i just want to focus on my education. but this is just really stressing me out. i also don't want to leave him coz i really do love him and care for him. i don't know what to do. HELP!
    Could've been worse. He could've been doing your best friend

ReputationRep:
    Chill out OP. Jeez.

Most people these days do coke at some point. And they don't get addicted. You've got no right to tell him not to do drugs; and if you tell him he 'can't' he'll just carry on but make sure you don't find out about it.

It's not a big deal unless he's doing it all the time. Once every couple of months isn't an issue, every week or every day is.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're overreacting especially if you've already experienced drugs negatively within your family...If you can't deal with it, walk away. It's not something you should have to put up with. I live with people at uni that do it every week and eventually moved out because I didn't want to deal with it. Just remove yourself from the situation I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Cocaine for the most part is a recreational drug, if he's had the odd dabble it isn't the end of the world just make it clear that it stops as of now.

It certainly isn't on a par with Heroine which should have a class of its own IMO.
    Even then Heroin is technically less addictive than a certain legal substance the majority of the population in the UK consume. As they say, drugs aren't a problem until you can't afford them, you'd be surprised how many successful and fairly respected people are on pretty hardcore drugs.

Generally speaking drug addiction hype is a bit over the top. Heroin withdrawal in medical reasoning is little more than basically having the flu for two weeks. It's more a addictive personality or other underlying issues that have the potential to turn 'recreational drug use' into 'problem drug use'. That being said Heroin is a massive no go.

Cocaine on the other hand depends on the usage. I know many people who use it as a party drug (a **** one at that) maybe 1-3 times a year. Also smoking crack is slightly different to snorting a few lines of coke.

it was cocaine guys
    tell him you'll let him snort it off your ass or tits one last time if he promises to never do it again

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was cocaine i really don't know what to do
    Tell him he needs a cheaper hobby.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with taking cocaine.....As long as he's not addicted.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was cocaine i really don't know what to do
    well how much was there i know a lot of people (myself included) that have tried a bump of coke was it just that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    someone in the DM had some and get people bumps from their supply
    more of an addiction issue that i can only suggest NA

I know a few people whose partners have been on drugs on the sly, it's a shame

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.