Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got an undergraduate offer from UCL for Natural Sciences but now after careful consideration I am starting to think I would prefer to do Biochemistry.

Is there any way that I can switch to Biochemistry? Also if I get rejected for Biochemistry, would that cause me to lose my Natural Sciences offer as well, or will that remain?
    I really want to go to UCL but I just think Biochemistry would suit me better than NatSci.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just email the department anonymously if you're worried about it. Though I don't think they would retract your natsci offer.

ReputationRep:
    Call Biochem admissions and talk to them about it, NatSci and Biochem are different faculties, natsci won't know you've asked. I'm at UCL, I did the same thing for Medicinal Chemistry when I had an offer from NatSci- if you call them and tell them how you feel and that you have an offer for natsci. If they want you then they'll ask you to commit to biochem instead and its only if they guarantee you an offer and you accept it that you'll then lose your natsci one, but thats all done internally. Best thing to do is to give them a call, they might then ask you to email them about it so they've got it in writing but its best to start off the conversation over the phone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.