Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentfeed)
    Discuss below:

I personally believe it does.
    You are entitled to your opinion and please do not get too into the discussion, thank you.
    LOL No. More like Black privilege, welfare, black lives matter, reparations, EVEN THEIR ONE MONTH!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    The caller could have been anyone. Is it really that easy to get a kid shot by the police in America? Are you in your right mind to say that shooting a child to kill is justified based on a phone call?

These justifications just prove what the OP has been trying to say.

So Madam where was the coverage and massive up-roar when Bryce williams a BLACK man, shot and killed 2 white innocent news reporters in an act he claimed would spark a race war?

Why didn't the media cover the story?

Where they afraid about the fact that liberals only care about gun violence when a black person is killed by a white person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    You mean like in Baltimore, where a black police chief, a black mayor, a predominantly black city council and a predominantly black police force caused the locals to have a huge amount of rioting over the racist mostly-black police?

I don't mean that in a rude way, but merely to stop and think that there may be more than simple 'White privilege' at play that causes that.

Poverty in the modern world perpetuates poverty. That is a simple truism - Poor white boys in Britain have less than a 1/10 chance of going on to further education, as an example, and on a per capita basis, white males have less chance of getting in to Cambridge or Oxford.

Black communities tend to congregate, and tend to be poor - This tends to ghettoization, generational poverty and increased crime. This isn't unique to the black community - Look at Irish communities in the 1930s or refugee communities in Europe now.

If you are passionate about the plight of the black community - And I think you are - Look more at the causation of generational poverty and come up with a solution for it. That will help everyone - Black, white, native or any other race.

Or you can continue to blame 'White Privilege', which will not resolve the issue. You will continue to have generational poverty which will continue to cause unrest(And has in almost every large community that had self-segregation and generational poverty in history), will continue to cause civil unrest and will continue to on to your children and your children's children.

The choice is ultimately yours - Do the collective you want to change the situation or simply want to be excused for an ultimately impotent rage?
    I was talking about white privilege in regrades to white policeman shooting down unarmed blacks for no reason... I don't know why you felt it was necessary to type all of that.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Yes, we clearly have different opinions so there is no point in arguing lol
    Fair enough; its usual to want to discuss differing opinions in order to get a better understanding - but I respect you backing out, rather than drawing/getting drawn into a long discussion. TSR is full of people too willing to take disagreements to dozens of pages.

I do wonder though why you respond to others and not me?

ReputationRep:
    You are absolutely ****ing disgusting and probably a racist.

So when a policeman shot a 12 year old playing with a toy gun was the 12 year old a committing thug you ignorant ****ing ****?

I will not peruse a conversation with you any longer as your ignorance aggravates me.

I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

How were the officers supposed to tell the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    LOL, you are such an utter moron.

I said terrorists attacks in 1 year. I didn't say THIS YEAR.:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

When you have time, go and research the amount of terrorist attacks that took place in Beirut and Ankara in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006, when the war on terror was in full force.

And yes I've heard of Mombasa, and no it's not even remotely a major country.

You can't hold a candle to my education.
    :lol: that coming from someone who can't tell non-Western countries apart!

1 year could mean any year, I chose last year. That does not change the fact that these cities are generally peaceful and stable. The so-called War on Terror hardly affected Turkey at all.

Sure, Kenyans would not consider their second largest city to be a major city at all. I hope you are trolling, because it's sad to think that someone could really be this clueless.

ReputationRep:
    Articles with numerous examples of white privilege

http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelblack...hu9#.rgwaEmpzn

http://mic.com/articles/89653/7-actu...ica#.YPu8YwRy7

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/whit...ox-news-facts/

ReputationRep:

And yes I've heard of Mombasa, and no it's not even remotely a major country.

You can't hold a candle to my education.
    I think the point he was making is that Mombasa isn't a country.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about white privilege in regrades to white policeman shooting down unarmed blacks for no reason... I don't know why you felt it was necessary to type all of that.

Just because a person is unarmed doesn't mean they aren't criminals you moron.

Do you even know basic law?

If a person shoots another person and tosses his weapon into the gutters and he's later killed by police would you say the killing was unjustified because he was unarmed?

So Madam where was the coverage and massive up-roar when Bryce williams a BLACK man, shot and killed 2 white innocent news reporters in an act he claimed would spark a race war?

Why didn't the media cover the story?

Where they afraid about the fact that liberals only care about gun violence when a black person is killed by a white person?
    He wasn't in a position of authority, which is what this is discussing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    That surprises me - source?
    There was the October 2015 bombing and the March 2016 one, no record of any other successful terrorist attacks there over the past year.

ReputationRep:
    Paris terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Ankara terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 2

Turkey terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 11

ReputationRep:
    I'm not supporting the murder of the little kid, but why would a 12 year old kid be playing with a toy gun?

And why didn't he listen to the officers when they told him to drop the weapon and get on the floor.

You are really problematic and disgusting. He is a ****ing little kid. I see plenty of little kids playing with toy guns, big deal.

I can't believe you said that to justify your *****y argument, you sound embarrassing.
    ????? Drop what weapon It was a ****ing toy gun you moron.
    Get on the floor for what? he did nothing wrong. Maybe the racist police cops should have investing the 'crime' scene attentively before shooting down a 12 year old innocent black boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoconZionist)

Turkey terrorist attacks in the past year and a half = 11
    I said Ankara, not Turkey as a whole. You should be able to tell the difference.

ReputationRep:
    The caller could have been anyone. Is it really that easy to get a kid shot by the police in America? Are you in your right mind to say that shooting a child to kill is justified based on a phone call?

These justifications just prove what the OP has been trying to say.
    The officers were told there was a gun would you wait until shorts are fired if it was your life on the line? I wouldn't.

How does this prove white privilege? if I was a police officer and responded to a report of a gun I would shoot of there was even a hint of movement towards me no matter what the race of the boy was.

ReputationRep:
    more like black privilege these days lol

ReputationRep:
    Just because a person is unarmed doesn't mean they aren't criminals you moron.

Do you even know basic law?

If a person shoots another person and tosses his weapon into the gutters and he's later killed by police would you say the killing was unjustified because he was unarmed?
    wow, your ignorance is disturbing me.
    They are unarmed, scrolling down in the middle of the streets and then a police shoots them and you are trying to justify that?
    Even if they are criminals, they shouldn't have been shot, I don't believe in the death penalty.

You are clearly a racist so I have no idea why I am continuing a conversation with you.

ReputationRep:

i commend you for hurting the feelings of many special snowflakes on this thread

they do not like logic

ReputationRep:
    :lol: that coming from someone who can't tell non-Western countries apart!

1 year could mean any year, I chose last year. That does not change the fact that these cities are generally peaceful and stable. The so-called War on Terror hardly affected Turkey at all.

Sure, Kenyans would not consider their second largest city to be a major city at all. I hope you are trolling, because it's sad to think that someone could really be this clueless.

You have to be a complete dullard to think that Turkey and Lebanon's main cities are "generally peaceful and stable"

I could right now pull out articles that provide lists of terrorist attacks in both these "generally peaceful cities"

Infact i will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cks_in_Lebanon

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-s...rism-in-turkey

"generally peaceful cities"

Yeah right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I think the point he was making is that Mombasa isn't a country.:rolleyes:
    No one but him called it a country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.