Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    Ok fine, but the purpose of an argument is to put forward your opinion and persuade others to believe in you. By being patronising, ignorant and plain rude wont achieve anything on your part and make the other person seem more intelligent and valid.
    Making comments like 'read a book' but then copy bits of Wikipedia makes you seem like the idiot. White privilege can have many meanings and interpretations such as 'going through life without having your race being an obstacle', which is far more generic and more true. Don't dismiss others points just because you quickly searched 'white privilege' on Wikipedia and then constructed an argument.
    This is someone who called Mombasa a country and cannot tell the difference between non-Western nations because they are all just "third world countries" in his eyes. Nothing more needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    Tall privilege exists.

Tall people get paid more, tall people live longer and aren't discriminated against in the way shorter people are. Do we tell tall people to feel bad about it?

Of course not. That is what this all is about. Just to further demonize White people to our deaths.

Give examples of what you believe to be proof of White privilege. If the same can be applied to other races then it kind of debunks the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    Weren't you the same person condemning me for providing statistics that traced down to last decade?

Now you are here, talking about gun violence tracing back to the past decade.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

And please for the second time, don't talk about my brain. You can't hold a candle to my education, this thread is clear evidence of it.
    Over the past decade and last decade are not the same thing. Many of these gun attacks happened in the 2010s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    This is someone who called Mombasa a country and cannot tell the difference between non-Western nations because they are all just "third world countries" in his eyes. Nothing more needs to be said.

Where did I ever call Mombasa a country?

Or are you now using lies to justify your delusion because you don't have any decent points to your flawed thinking?

ReputationRep:
    "Over the past decade and last decade are not the same thing."

Oh my God in heaven

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    >white privilege
    >in predominantly white countries

If I went to Africa or Turkey, would I still be privileged?
    No, it's more likely my skin colour would get me killed.

This anti-white rhetoric is embarrassing.
    Are you for real? Unless you are in Zimbabwe white skin is all but worshipped in most of these countries. Same goes for most of Asia and the Middle East. While I was living in the ME having a Westerner as a friend was something to be proud of, especially if they were White. So it still does exist.

ReputationRep:
    Over the past decade and last decade are not the same thing
    Actually, they are.

I think you need to check your privledge!

ReputationRep:

Oh my God in heaven

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:
    Now you know how I felt when you called Mombasa a country.

Over the past decade = 2006-present
    Last decades = the 2000s

ReputationRep:
    Are you for real? Unless you are in Zimbabwe white skin is all but worshipped in most of these countries. Same goes for most of Asia and the Middle East. While I was living in the ME having a Westerner as a friend was something to be proud of, especially if they were White. So it still does exist.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/02/af...terror-attack/

ReputationRep:
    Where did I ever call Mombasa a country?

Or are you now using lies to justify your delusion because you don't have any decent points to your flawed thinking?
    You said that Mombasa was "not a major country", when in fact it's not a country at all.

ReputationRep:
    Now you know how I felt when you called Mombasa a country.

Over the past decade = 2006-present
    Last decades = the 2000s

I never said last decades

I said last DECADE. Without the 's'

Lying now, LOL.

You still haven't showed me where I called Mombasa a country dear.

I'm waiting.

ReputationRep:
    You mean like in South Africa, where feral gangs hunted down and killed white people?

Even in the US dozens of black on white crimes go unreported. Have you seen the crime stats by race in America?

What you are doing is pre-judging someone to be a racist or somehow 'privileged' by their skin colour, and it's incredibly bigoted, offensive and problematic.

ReputationRep:

Oh my God in heaven

LOOOOL YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

Its not the same thing, past decade implies last 10 years whereas last 10 years is the last nominal decade i.e. 2000-2009

You've embarrassed yourself enough.

ReputationRep:
    You said that Mombasa was "not a major country", when in fact it's not a country at all.

Show us where then.

ReputationRep:
    That's was a terrorist group that believes itself to be at war with the West and has killed far more Arabs (would that support the claim that being Arabs put them in danger?). The average citizen in many Middle Eastern country idolises white skin.

ReputationRep:
    white skin is all but worshipped in most of these countries. Same goes for most of Asia and the Middle East. While I was living in the ME having a Westerner as a friend was something to be proud of, especially if they were White. So it still does exist.
    If white skin is "worshipped" in these countries you speak of, then surely the non-whites are to blame for white privledge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    LOOOOL YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

Its not the same thing, past decade implies last 10 years whereas last 10 years is the last nominal decade i.e. 2000-2009

You've embarrassed yourself enough.

Okay.

So the last 10 years is 2000 - 2009, and not 2016 - 2006?

And I'm the one embarrassing myself?

LMFAOOOOOOO.

What Universities do you guys go to, UEL?

ReputationRep:
    That's was a terrorist group that believes itself to be at war with the West and has killed far more Arabs (would that support the claim that being Arabs put them in danger?). The average citizen in many Middle Eastern country idolises white skin.

LOL, slow down and type properly.

I know you're excited.

ReputationRep:
    There have been more acts of terrorism committed in 1 year in Ankara and Beirut than in Paris in 123 years. Mombasa is not in any way a major country, do not lie or delude yourself just to pass a point across.
    There you go

ReputationRep:
    LOL, slow down and type properly.

I know you're excited.
    The most obvious sign of someone who has no argument :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.