?
Report 2 years ago
yes
Sensi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope. There's no need for them in society, so why change?
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Decent people get firearms, then they are stolen, now less-than-decent people have firearms.
EdwardBarfield9
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. We do not need them. The American way leads to too many shootings.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope we would have to fundamentally change our society if it was too happen.
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CountMonteCristo)
No to get a gun you need a licence now. I'm talking about an american style
Good god no. The American way of dealing with guns is an unmitigated disaster.
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No guns are stupid. /
Joshale
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes
hellodave5
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make killing tools ubiquitous. What could possibly go wrong.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes
SleepPerchance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If this ever happens, I'm moving to Denmark. Happiest country in the world, dontcha know
41b
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hellodave5)
Make killing tools ubiquitous. What could possibly go wrong.
Ban: knives, cars, baseball bat, chairs, hammers, hands, feet, football and rugby boots, men in general, glass, china, ladles, alcohol, any other drugs which can be overdosed on, windows, stairs..
41b
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SleepPerchance)
If this ever happens, I'm moving to Denmark. Happiest country in the world, dontcha know
Denmark is the second highest global consumer of antidepressants per capita.
cranbrook_aspie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. People who live in cities perhaps don't realise this, but out here in the countryside, if a violent thug breaks into my home and I call the police, it will be half an hour before they arrive due to the simple logistics of getting them here. The thug has plenty of time to kill or seriously injure me and my family, cause serious damage, steal our valuables and get away. Obviously it goes without saying that not all types of gun should become legal and an extensive background and circumstances check should be conducted before the granting of a gun license, together with perhaps an annual mental health assessment by a psychiatrist for all gun licenseholders, to prevent another Dunblane, but it's not fair that I shouldn't be able to defend myself because background and health check laws weren't stringent enough and so some whackjob committed a massacre.
SleepPerchance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
Yes. People who live in cities perhaps don't realise this, but out here in the countryside, if a violent thug breaks into my home and I call the police, it will be half an hour before they arrive due to the simple logistics of getting them here. The thug has plenty of time to kill or seriously injure me and my family, cause serious damage, steal our valuables and get away. Obviously it goes without saying that not all types of gun should become legal and an extensive background and circumstances check should be conducted before the granting of a gun license, together with perhaps an annual mental health assessment by a psychiatrist for all gun licenseholders, to prevent another Dunblane, but it's not fair that I shouldn't be able to defend myself because background and health check laws weren't stringent enough and so some whackjob committed a massacre.

I agree that the homeowner should have the right to defend themselves, but this is not the answer. The consequences of more liberal gun control outweigh the benefits to individuals in the aforementioned rare scenario.
41b
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Every male member of the household should be conscripted or sent to social services, like in Germany. Then, after those who graduate from the army have a family, they should be required to own and maintain an assault rifle for the defence of their household and community.

Further, defence laws need to be changed so that maiming and killing in self-defence and defence of property are not punishable.

However the UK has the opposite mentality. I think if or when mass civil unrest happens, people will start thinking very differently.
41b
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
If everyone owned a gun, no whackjob would ever succeed in massacring people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.55%
No (384)
72.45%

Watched Threads