Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone I have been on the pill for the past few months and now my pack has finished. I have booked an appointment at a sexual health clinic I just wanted to know where do you girls usually get it from? Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    The GP surgery is the usual place, either from the doctor themselves or a surgery nurse who specialises in contraception.

    Wouldn't it have been a good idea to book an appointment for a repeat prescription before running out? With a '21 days taking it / 7 days not' combined pill, you have seven days before you need to start using another form of contraception. With a progesterone-only 'every day' minipill, you need to do so now.
    • #2

    I go to a sexual health clinic. They started me off with a box of pills which contained 3 blister packs (3 months worth). Now that I've been on it for a while with no issues, they've given me a years worth of pills.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2016
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.