Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As title says. I'm EU student and currently hold an unconditional offer from a UK university. However I'm worried that if Brexit happens I will be unable to pay the international fees.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilhelmscreams)
    As title says. I'm EU student and currently hold an unconditional offer from a UK university. However I'm worried that if Brexit happens I will be unable to pay the international fees.

Any thoughts?
    Yes. Doubt it will affect you though.

ReputationRep:
    My thought is that nobody has a blind clue what will happen with anything surrounding the UK leaving the EU, regardless of what the Exit lobby says. No country has ever left the EU before so both the UK and EU literally be making it up as we go along.

I don't think it's worth changing your plans for. Even if the vote is in favour of exit, it will take years to uncouple UK legislation from any EU rules/regs which might have prompted it. I doubt students are high on the agenda.

ReputationRep:
    Even if we 'leave' in June- laws won't change until 2018 most likely. But yeh, if you're planning entry for a course in 2016 you are very unlikely to be affected

ReputationRep:

Any thoughts?
    If we do leave I imagine the UK will still be part of the EEA, so I imagine you coming here would similar to you going to Switzerland.

ReputationRep:

Any thoughts?
    It will take two years after an out vote for them even to wrangle their way out, and for goodwill I imagine they wouldn't allow universities to ramp the fees up for existing EU students. So no need to worry

ReputationRep:
    I would hope so. Education should be a large UK export industry to the continent but the EU forces us to sell education at below cost. It is like going to the Germans and saying that any EU citizen will be able to move to any EU country and get a free car from the government.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.