Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

With 100 days to go, time to say the truth... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUCrazy)
    I have a Master's degree, do you?
    Doesn't seem to be showing here. Your level of ignorance is pretty high.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Master's degree, do you?
    LOL You have a Master's degree but still can't demonstrate your basic grasp of English grammar. Where did you get your degree from? London Met?

If its from a reputable institution then this just goes to show how education has been dumbed down and how all universities are just degree mills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    Doesn't seem to be showing here. Your level of ignorance is pretty high.
    You can say what you like. Most people with a brain know the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    LOL You have a Master's degree but still can't demonstrate your basic grasp of English grammar. Where did you get your degree from? London Met?

If its from a reputable institution then this just goes to show how education has been dumbed down and how all universities are just degree mills.
    How about playing the ball and not the man for once?

ReputationRep:
    How about playing the ball and not the man for once?
    You've offered no solid arguments or concrete evidence for your allegation. You are either stupid, or unable to debate properly (I suspect the former).

Generalising is not an argument.

ReputationRep:
    You've offered no solid arguments or concrete evidence for your allegation. You are either stupid, or unable to debate properly (I suspect the former).

Generalising is not an argument.
    Ok, how about the general absurdity of Britain thinking it can compete with nations such as China and India when it's a small island of 60 million vs population of over a billion. They are going up and Britain is a declining post-imperial power yet to listen to the Brexit gang you'd think that Britain can take on the whole world by itself. Like I said, it's all based on smoke, mirrors and this general feeling of supremacy.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, how about the general absurdity of Britain thinking it can compete with nations such as China and India when it's a small island of 60 million vs population of over a billion. They are going up and Britain is a declining post-imperial power yet to listen to the Brexit gang you'd think that Britain can take on the whole world by itself. Like I said, it's all based on smoke, mirrors and this general feeling of supremacy.

When has anyone on he Brexit side uttered this?
    Does Iceland think that? Or Norway?
    The UK can make its own way in the world, eith trade agreements with emerging markets like China, India or Brazil.
    Not our fault that Britain is the best country on the planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    No, it doesn't invalidate your argument. But you could at least try to show you have a basic level of literacy.
    In case you haven't realised, this is a forum and he is trying to spark a debate. His 'level of literacy' is irrelevant as you, evidently, understand everything he has written and that is all that matters. Don't try to turn this into a grammar war.

ReputationRep:
    namely that the Brexit campaign is based on Anglo-Saxon race supremacy. There's load of lies about the economy, free trade, borders and so forth but this is what is essentially boils down to. And don't give me spiel about Boris's Turkish ancestor. He's just an oportunist.
    Group identification is present in all human beings. It is only called a bad thing for groups that are targeted for weakening under a process called Political Correctness. The groups targeted for weakening are whites, British, males, Christians etc. Any group identification of blacks, females, Muslims etc. Is celebrate.

For example I think building a wall and making Mexico pay for it is a great thing. But these racists will say it's a bad thing for America but if South Africa enforces border control they would never criticise them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The UK can make its own way in the world, eith trade agreements with emerging markets like China, India or Brazil.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    lol
    >Implying it isn't

Name:  Mark Corrigan.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  18.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    >Implying it isn't

Name:  Mark Corrigan.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  18.7 KB
    Chill, kid. I only said 'lol'

ReputationRep:
    What? It's implicit in the whole objective of the Brexit campaign in the first place. Blocs and Large nation states are the future. Britain is no longer great and some people don't want to accept that.

ReputationRep:
    It's part and parcel of the mindset of the Brexit people. They still think they've got an Empire ruling over inferior peoples.
    I used to be an In supporter. But really there's no excuse for it now, voting in, unless you A.) want a federal European state or B.) simply don't care about democracy. I'm sorry, if you disagree with that you very likely simply don't know enough about the EU etc.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Do you have any actual evidence to support your claim that Brexit is based on Anglo-Saxon supremacy?

ReputationRep:
    Exhibit A: The Daily Mail

ReputationRep:
    Exhibit A: The Daily Mail
    Can you be a bit more specific? Your arguments are really weak at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Can you be a bit more specific? Your arguments are really weak at the minute.
    Ok, you tell me, where does the notion that Britain can compete with China, India all by itself come from? Is that actually based on any sound fundamentals, or is it more just based on a gut feeling that "We once ruled the world, and we can do it again"?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, you tell me, where does the notion that Britain can compete with China, India all by itself come from? Is that actually based on any sound fundamentals, or is it more just based on a gut feeling that "We once ruled the world, and we can do it again"?
    Why does leaving the EU mean we automatically want to rule the world? You're either trolling, or an idiot.

Nothing to do with competing. Many smaller countries do fine without being under the weight of the bloated EU, why can't we?

ReputationRep:
    No, we really don't.

There's perfectly valid, legitimate reasons for wanting to leave the EU. Not everyone who wants a Brexit is a xenophobic colonialist.

Which Empire are you talking about, by the way? The one that Merkel and Germany basically runs?
    But most of those reasons are based on misconceptions and/or lies. The amount of people still spouting "we pay the EU £55million a day" is incredible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.