Turn on thread page Beta

End of a relationship, start of a new one? watch

ReputationRep:
    Helloo, just gunna get straight into it cause I can't think of any other way of starting this.

Just got out of a 2yr relationship with my first love & I'm still sort of dealing with it. There no more me & him & I fully understand that. We had a great 2yrs and I'll remember them fondly but obviously I'm still hurting from the heart break.
    Atm I'm just doing what I want, flirting & sleeping around cause I've never had the chance to do it before & I'm enjoying it.
    I'm in my second year & living with my mates. My best friend 'Alan' (fake name) is awesome. We get along so well and i love spending time with him, we're practically in each others pockets. I knew I fancied him when I was with my ex & obviously tried to stay away from it but I ended up cheating when I was incredibly drunk on my birthday & regretted it wholeheartedly. At the same time it wasn't like I had done it with anyone willy nilly, I knew there was something there.
    We have a connection no doubt & we know how much we care about each other, there's just no getting past it. I recently started noticing how much I wanted to be with him, kiss him & how sad & lost I am when he's not here.
    My dilemma is no matter how much I like him I'm worried if it's too soon after my break up it could ruin our awesome friendship & that is ultimately the last thing I want to do. He's such a sweet & gentle guy, I couldn't handle hurting him.

If anyone has any advice or something similar they've been through, any help would be nice.
    Thank youu :lovehug:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.