Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well guess im proven time and time again, I can't trust anyone, even people I thought were friends, and I really am alone in the world..

Some of you probably remember the saga of the flatmate, who basically treated me like rubbish to get her leg over with her girlfriend..
    Well, she dumped that girlfriend a couple of months ago, to go back to the ex (who had a restraining order on her but they are trying to get rescinded) and all has been reasonably well. We've been getting on, chatting, hanging out, watching tv together, shes been trying to encourage me to join the gym with her and things have been generally a lot less stressful..I honestly thought there were no current issues between us..
    That is until tonight...

She hasnt been out for a while as shes in so much debt and has been so tired from work lately, and she posted a facebook status a couple of nights ago saying she needs to get out for a drink to get wasted and forget her own name soon before she goes crazy, then one of her friends invited her out which was first warning sign. Then earlier, she didnt come home. If I try and ask her where she is and is she ok or anything, I get accused of trying to control her life, so basically I dont ask, but I do worry about the state she'll get in and who she'll bring back for sofa sex, particularly as im in work early later..

So I had a look on her ipad and facebook messenger messages to see what plans she had made with people for this evening as a rough idea and frankly I don't trust her these days.
    She had arranged to go out tonight fair enough, however she's been messaging several people about meeting up for sex, but to my horror, yet again she has been destroying me to one random guy..
    She mentioned to him how desperate she is, and he jokingly suggested she has me at home to sleep with. Now I know she has no intention of sleeping with me anyway, but she was saying to this guy about eww no..theres noone on this planet she'd pick me over, and can't think of anyone worse..the guy said her ex is worse, but then my so called friend goes on to say shes nowhere near as bad as me, how horrific I am, and has he seem me before, then how it makes her sick to think of me 'pumping away on top of her' and how im so fat, id not be able to 'get it all in' as the fat would be in the way..

The guy shes speaking too is saying how rude and nasty she is being, and why is she saying this, then she goes on to say its all true, and how theres fat, and then im far beyond that and disgusting and its true..
    He says she likes fat people though, to which she says fat people are usually funny and she falls for their charms, but I have absolutly nothing going for me, and if the guy knew me he'd agree..then they both agree they'd rather go for married women over me any day and end the conversation..

To see someone I thought was one of my best friends, my flatmate, the girl whos been trying to encourage me to join the gym with her, to use the cross trainer machine we have at home, whos been saying I'll get a girlfriend one day and to talk to more people through my social anxiety, absolutly destroying me like this, has literally done just that..
    I have been sat here two hours now absolutly devistated about the things she said, and how nasty she really is, all while being happy and nice to my face this whole time..
    I didnt have much, if any self esteem and confidence before, but seeing her say that about me has just destroyed any I did actually have..

I want to move out, but I can't as I have nowhere to go. I have no other friends to live with. I can't go back to parents. I can't afford to live on my own..
    I just don't know what to do anymore. And tomorrow I have to face her and smile nicely at her as normal, knowing what she thinks of me really, yet not knowing that I know and how I found out..
    And while im here, I really am just around to pay bills, do the housework, pay for her nights out..im honestly thinking moving out of home was the worst mistake I ever made..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Why do you "have" to pay for her nights out? I'd seriously consider looking for another flatshare if you can.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    1. Go to your GP and see about gettuing some help with your social anxiety and self esteem issues.
    2. You shouldnt go on her ipad imo.
    3. Obviously youve found out she isnt your friend becayse thats not how friends behave.
    4. Look for a share somewhere lese. go and see your uni welfare officer or talk to your tutor. The uni may transfer you or your LL may let you leave if you find a replacment. You need your tenancy looked at to see your options.

The simple solution is you need to get away from her as she is bad news.
    btw if you need to lose weight then its straighforward, just join MFP and chat with people losing weight on the forums.

hard i know try not to take it to heart, you cna improve your situation and some people are trustworthy. hang in there.

You gotta focus on yourself, take a good care of yourself. Don't stick with her cause you have no other friends. Maybe try to embrace being just on your own, there is nothing bad about that. Better not have any friends that have fake ones. Try to be your own friend, at the moment you are your own enemy. You cannot stand to be alone and so you force yourself to stay in this god awful situation. Find what a treasure you are and enjoy your own company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Why do you "have" to pay for her nights out? I'd seriously consider looking for another flatshare if you can.
    Technically its called 'rent money'..but she openly admits she uses that money to go out and get wasted or go shopping "so she doesnt have to use her own money when she gets paid a week later"

ReputationRep:
    She is in no way worth your time, she's either highly unstable or just a bad person. Remove her from your glue and find a new flat mate. Imo you shouldn't even attempt to become friends with her again, she's toxic and you don't need that in your life.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.