Turn on thread page Beta

Can you have the same teacher two years in a row? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can you have the same teacher two years in a row? Not like you have them one year and then have them again a few years later, but can you have them for two years straight? Especially for the core subjects like English and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    When they are deciding on your teachers for the next year, do they try to give you a different teacher or is it something that is unimportant?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by treblebass)
    Can you have the same teacher two years in a row? Not like you have them one year and then have them again a few years later, but can you have them for two years straight? Especially for the core subjects like English and Maths.
    When they are deciding on your teachers for the next year, do they try to give you a different teacher or is it something that is unimportant?
    Well this completely depends on your school, it's not like there's any national policy on this! At least in my school though, we kept the same teachers during our A Level courses.

ReputationRep:
    Unimportant - other factors will be considered

For the most part yes, when I did my GCSE's I had the same teachers for two years. It's not unusual for one to have the same teachers again, but then again it's not unusual if they change either.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If at school it mainly depends on the size of the school etc.. At my college the teachers tried to keep teaching in the same blocks so you can choose whether to have the same teacher again(except for some subjects, eg. geology). I'm not sure if this is standard across sixth forms.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, I believe most schools keep the same teachers throughout GCSEs, and then repeat this through A-Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ours was based on grades and how well you were doing, you either got sorted into the foundation class, middle class or the smart class it had nothing to do with picking teachers for students it just happened to be that if you were taught by one teacher they would most likely teach the closest level up from that too

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my Biology teacher was my class teacher in 4th grade. She taught me again last year and this one.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same maths teacher for 4 years straight....

I've had the same history teacher since year 8 so I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I've had the same Maths teacher for two years in a row, some have had her for 3 years in a row. A few people have had a different maths teacher for 5 years in a row!
    Same English teacher for 3 years (Hated him by the end of it)
    Same science teachers, language teacher, geography teacher,
    Same form tutor,

But I'm taking GCSEs and a lot of schools prefer a class to have the same teachers throughout GCSEs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've had my English teacher since year 7 (so will be 5 years)
    In my school teachers can ask for some classes which they definitely want to keep, and they'll keep them and get random other ones too (loads like keeping their top sets, which is why for most of my classes year 7 to year 9 I had the same teachers)

ReputationRep:
    Had the same chemistry teacher for 4 straight years in high school, the same physics teacher for 3 straight years, and everyone else for 2 straight years for IB

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Sometimes you will have the same teacher for consecutive years, or sometimes you will have 6 teachers for one subject in one year ().

ReputationRep:
    Depends really. If the teacher leaves, if they get pregnant (¬_¬), if they find a better job etc. For science we had a different teacher for bio the second year, but the same teacher for physics. For maths we had different teachers, for English i had the same teacher. Just depends

ReputationRep:
    So if I have a teacher in year 9, would it be likely that I have them again next year because of my GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Yes, I believe most schools keep the same teachers throughout GCSEs, and then repeat this through A-Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wish this happened to me for chem since i went from the best chem teacher in my school to the worst *cries

ReputationRep:
    Had the same english teacher for 4 years in a row, she keeps thinking I do english for a level

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.