Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying a course at college lane campus - is it better to live on campus or is de havilland better in terms of price and accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jernell96)
    I'll be studying a course at college lane campus - is it better to live on campus or is de havilland better in terms of price and accommodation?
    College lane has lots of newly built accommodation, and I think there will be even more for September. The new build stuff is much nicer than dehav, but it does cost more.

The campuses are very close, and there is a free shuttle bus between them.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response !

I've seen the new collage lane accommodation and it's expensive especially with en suit which I want! It's cheaper to have an en suit room in de hav I suppose.

Do you know how often the shuttle bus comes ? And what would you say, socially is the best campus to live on ?

ReputationRep:
    It comes pretty regularly, around every 15 /20 mins.

It might be worth having a look at the dehav accommodation if you get the chance, because the ensuite is pretty small. College lane definitely is better socially. It might also be worth looking at the town houses, they don't have ensuites but you only share a bathroom between 2 for a similar price to dehav and have more space.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the De Hav stuff now and I have no complaints about it.

Which campus you study on is not an issue and the shuttle bus is frequent and fast!

I am living in the College Lane stuff next year though, it is much better and I just liked the look of it.

Stories about shared toilets are that people generally stick to one toilet and shower and there's almost never conflicts between them

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks ! What are the do sercurity or accommodation staff come into the flats often ? And are we allowed guests over ?

ReputationRep:
    The best campus to live on is probably the one that has most of your lectures! They're really very similar, and cutting down your morning commute is always desirable.

The rules about guests might be different depending on where you're staying, but when I was in Bellingham guests had to sign in and could only stay for... 2 nights I think? It wasn't for very long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.