Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I (a guy) met up with my ex-boyfriend on Friday for a couple of hours... I had asked to meet up with him to clear the air a bit and he agreed. I expected things to be really awkward, but things went fine; we didn't do any air clearing per se it was more of a catch up, and I don't know... it felt like it did when we were together and would see each other. It wasn't awkward at all, or anything.

Anyway he knows that I'd like to see him again, I didn't tell him directly on the night but I'd said so before. I was expecting to have been able to suss out whether or not that was it on Friday, but I couldn't... and at the end of the night the actual goodbye was a bit dragged out and now I don't know.

I'm 99.9% sure he's going to say no, which is fine, but I'd like to see him again and ask if he wants to... I just don't know whether I should call him or just message him... it may seem like a non-issue but to me it isn't, so what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    just wait a bit more before calling him

(Original post by mkap)
    just wait a bit more before calling him
    I was gonna wait until like Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    Text him. Calling might make him feel pressured to say yes. You'll get the most honest answer via text because he can take his time to think about it and decide whether or not he wants to see you again.

The big question is why do you want to meet up anyway? Try to remember why he became your ex, you broke up for a reason. Sure, seeing each other again might have felt like a purple haze and 'reminded you of old times', but whats really going on is that you're seeing things through rose-tinted glasses and forgetting the reason the relationship ended.

You're falling into a trap by attempting to re-establish something with him. Even if you want to be friends in the future, I suggest you take some months or longer until you've both completely moved on because it seems like there's probably some lingering feelings on your part.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.