Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I just checked LSE's course availability and my first choice program has "closed." However, my application is still on "waiting list" on the status tracker.

Does this mean that I have been rejected or decision has been already make?

If anyone has any experience or input, I'd appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it means they have offered all their places and are waiting to see if any become available (due to people accepting offers elsewhere)? I'm completely guessing, but that's what I would have thought. If it were a flat out rejection they would probably update that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gattara)
    Perhaps it means they have offered all their places and are waiting to see if any become available (due to people accepting offers elsewhere)? I'm completely guessing, but that's what I would have thought. If it were a flat out rejection they would probably update that.
    fair enough, but there are many people who still under consideration while program is closed. I guess they will make decision within current applicants whether placed on waiting list or under consideration. Hopefully my one is on the way.

ReputationRep:
    undergraduate or graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronronronz)
    undergraduate or graduate?
    graduate

ReputationRep:
    It means that LSE isn't accepting new applications anymore as they have enough of them. It does not mean that 100% of places are already filled (more likely 80-90%, while the still open spots will be offered to still open applications).

But both things should not worry you. As your application has already been processed. You are on the waitlist, which means that if an offer holder declines his offer someone from the waitlist will get the spot.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.