iimikaii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have chosen my A-Level courses: English Literature, Spanish (A2), Travel and Tourism and Geography. However, the last 2 options overlap and I can only choose 1. There is no exam in T&T as it is all based on coursework. In Spanish, there will be many exams such as 6-minute speeches... I know Geog at A-level will be a ton of work but it will look better on the application to Uni, right? Which one do I choose?
RugbySid
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on what sort of student you are. If you got good grades at GCSE, do geog. If not T and T. I choose geog as one of my options but no bias.
tygereyes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say go for Geography as it is more preferred as an a level, and defiantly looks better to universities. As well if you wanted to go and do geography at uni in the future, most require a Geography A level. But really I think its how well you think you can do with three a levels. If you feel having Geography would be too much work, and you know you don't want to go on to do it at uni, maybe you could consider Travel and Tourism.
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Geography is the obvious choice though if you enjoy or think you'll enjoy T&T do that instead.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A Level Geography is seen as a stronger subject than Travel and Tourism, and is considered a facilitating subject by universities. Geography would therefore make your university application stronger, so I would suggest taking Geography. Plus, if you wanted to do a degree in Geography, doing it at A Level would be great preparation. However, if you feel that Geography would be too much work for you, then perhaps Travel and Tourism would be better, seeing as you already have two facilitating subjects anyway
bigfat-tiger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
half the unis doing geography degree will accept another social science like sociology or economics instead of geography, for instance, sheffield, exeter, kingston. do geography with planning or urban planning degree, as it more vocational.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed