Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long have you gone without washing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think my record was about 3 days in the summer holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Scoobaddy doopy doo!! Remind me to never try making a thread again :nodots:

ReputationRep:
    I think the longest for me was like 3 days too. I was travelling and we didn't have first class seats so didn't have the option of a shower.

Baby wipes and dry shampoo kept us presentable until we could access proper washing facilities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Ring)
    Scoobaddy doopy doo!! Remind me to never try making a thread again :nodots:
    It hasn't been that long yet ^^

For me, it's probably around a week. At least when I was younger... Until I was about 14 I only bathed once a week, but I never seemed to sweat much then...

Shower every day now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    I think the longest for me was like 3 days too. I was travelling and we didn't have first class seats so didn't have the option of a shower.

Baby wipes and dry shampoo kept us presentable until we could access proper washing facilities
    Baby wipes are a tool for life :daydreaming: Only first class had the option to wash though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boundless_x)
    2 days - when I went on my DofE expedition, there were no showers :afraid:
    On my training trip there was only showers on the first day I think by the end of it you all get used to the stink of each other though. Also standing up in a shower after a long day walking didn't seem that pleasing most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    There's a new company called Mother Dirt that says most of what causes body odor and provokes unbalanced oil production, etc., is the lack of normal healthy bacteria on your skin. They sell a variety of things that will rebuild that layer, as well as soaps that won't depopulate your biome. The founder hasn't showered for something like 30 years.

Not that this will relate to most posters' situation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    It hasn't been that long yet ^^

For me, it's probably around a week. At least when I was younger... Until I was about 14 I only bathed once a week, but I never seemed to sweat much then...

Shower every day now...
    Bleurgh bathing. When I was a kid I used to think showers were just for fun.
    You didn't sweat much when you were 14? Someone was a late bloomer. :gfight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilli)
    There's a new company called Mother Dirt that says most of what causes body odor and provokes unbalanced oil production, etc., is the lack of normal healthy bacteria on your skin. They sell a variety of things that will rebuild that layer, as well as soaps that won't depopulate your biome. The founder hasn't showered for something like 30 years.

Not that this will relate to most posters' situation...
    I've heard of shower gels and shampoos consisting of bacteria that will keep your skin clean and balanced, but not products that mean you don't need to shower? Are they lotions or?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.motherdirt.com/

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for some guy to come on here and admit that he hasn't washed for a month.

Mine is 3 days, but I showered on the night of that 3rd day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    4 days when i was in hospital, could only stand up to go toilet :-(

ReputationRep:
    Baby wipes are a tool for life :daydreaming: Only first class had the option to wash though?
    Yeah like in the airport, if you had first class seats you had access to the first class lounges which had showers.

Haha i know baby wipes are everyything !!!

Nearly two weeks I think, a few summers ago. I just stayed in bed crying
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    5 days. Because some numpty forgot to pack soap / shower gel. :rolleyes: Baby wipes just aren't the same.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's not too bad but it's a record of 3 days so far with Dofe gold practise being the cause it will be longer when i do the actual gold dofe with my school..............

ReputationRep:
    Onion ring is very fitting.

ReputationRep:
    Bleurgh bathing. When I was a kid I used to think showers were just for fun.
    You didn't sweat much when you were 14? Someone was a late bloomer. :gfight:
    Yeah, it's funny though because now I sweat profusely and have to use driclor to contain it!

ReputationRep:
    about 5 days when i was ill, and you guys all shower everyday? that is so bad for your skin lol, have fun getting wrinkles early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Onion ring is very fitting.
    They do produce quite the stench when you put them in the oven, but I suppose you would too. :innocent:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.