Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an e-mail on Friday for a job interview but i'm a little confused about the selection process method. they sent me this:

Can you please allow up to 1 hour for the selection process.

The interview will comprise of competency based set of questions, expanding on your past work experience and suitability for this job role.

does this mean they will pick on the day?

just curious, thank you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You havent said what the job is or level of position.

Theres no indication they will pick and tell on the day although employers differ. Is there a 2nd interview? 1st interviews tend to be about deciding if you have the skills (pass or fail) with 2nd interviews about whether yu would fit.

Focus on the job profile they gave you and expect to display the skills in it. 1hr interviews arent long, so it should be simple and fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callme-beepme)
    I got an e-mail on Friday for a job interview but i'm a little confused about the selection process method. they sent me this:

Can you please allow up to 1 hour for the selection process.

The interview will comprise of competency based set of questions, expanding on your past work experience and suitability for this job role.

does this mean they will pick on the day?

just curious, thank you.
    No, it just means they will ask competency questions to determine if you are suitable for the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You havent said what the job is or level of position.

Theres no indication they will pick and tell on the day although employers differ. Is there a 2nd interview? 1st interviews tend to be about deciding if you have the skills (pass or fail) with 2nd interviews about whether yu would fit.

Focus on the job profile they gave you and expect to display the skills in it. 1hr interviews arent long, so it should be simple and fast.
    Not every job has 2 interviews, all the roles I've been applying for only have one.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Not every job has 2 interviews, all the roles I've been applying for only have one.
    The fact that i asked if there was a 2nd interview, would seem to confirm your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The fact that i asked if there was a 2nd interview, would seem to confirm your post.
    sorry I misread your post, read that as 'is it a second interview' not 'is there a second interview'
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    sorry I misread your post, read that as 'is it a second interview' not 'is there a second interview'
    No worries, sorry if that was a bit sharp. it would be nice if the Op wnats assistance she could have given a bit more background and then we could have made a better suggestion on what it might mean.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.