Turn on thread page Beta

Why are people being forced to accept LGBTS watch

ReputationRep:
    QUESTION: Would you date a Trans-gender person?

ReputationRep:
    'forced to accept' aka not able to discriminate against.

ReputationRep:
    Poor you, you must feel out of place in the modern world.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Modern world? You lot love doing your own science projects and changing your genders.
    I am forced to accept bigots, you don't see me making threads on TSR whining about it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Nobody is forcing you to date, have sex with, marry or even associate with transgender people.

The law and social pressure removes the ability to discriminate by saying they are equal humans.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry your views are ignorant and you can't accept people for being what makes them happy.

Must really suck for you.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a "science project" or a fashion trend of "oh I wanna be a girl today" or vice versa. It is a deeper feeling of feeling trapped in your own body as though your soul is somewhat mismatched with your sex.

What is meant by a "modern world" is one where discrimination is absent. Unfortunately that isn't the case and doesn't solely involve LGBT rights, but also the integration of different cultures, religions, racial groups and genders, which is still lacking. So until discrimination vanishes from the landscapes of earth, oppressed groups will continue to challenge and impose their rights.(Which is normal right???)

The reason why individuals have a sex change is for others to IDENTIFY them as that gender. There is no point changing from a male to a female and people still calling you "John" or "David", is there? You want them to identify your "new gender" which is in fact your "genetic gender" (hormonal levels, brain structure etc), thus your point of "its stupid thinking everyone SHOULD accept their new gender." is kinda ridiculous. The whole point of the operation is to become that gender.

And yes I would date a transgender. I would not see them as transgender, but as the gender they now identify as. :borat:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People are entitled to have their own dating preferences, so no one is forcing you to date someone who has undergone gender reassignment surgery. And I obviously think it's unacceptable for people to be called transphobic for not wanting to do so.

But of course you still have to respect and accept people for who they are :yep:

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your question. It might sound hypocritical of me when I say this (since i'm heterosexual) but don't hate on me.

There should be no barriers on who you can fall in love with. If you're a man and you fall in love with a man, fair play to you. Who is anyone to judge you for falling in love with someone, you can't help who you fall in love with. People should keep open minds, be pansexual. I know you can't choose your sexuality so its stupid for me to have said to keep an open mind, but be aware of other people and their choices.

In short, I have no real answer to your question. If I fell in love with someone that I thought was a female then i'm sure it wouldn't matter, but to be honest, I wouldn't know until I was in that situation.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Oh for goodness sake, cry me a river.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well great, because nobody's forcing you to date anybody. A few angry people on tumblr != society.
    I have it on good authority that the sjws are coming to take away muh vidya and make feminised versions of GTA :yep:

ReputationRep:
    First get this right, gender has nothing to do with DNA!
    It is the role/state of being a male or female, nothing to do with biology. So yes we should accept it regardless of their sex, because their gender is just as male or female as anyone else. Some trans-gendered people are even inter-sex. It is something that you can only personally identify with e.g mentally or emotionally.
    I'm not telling you who to date, its something just as personal. Who you are attracted to is who you are attracted to.
    But I am just trying to tell you to educate yourself first.
    If we say don't accept one group, then its makes it okay not to accept another minority group and so forth.
    No one can ascertain what is normal or acceptable in society anymore, everyone is unique, just deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    More people have felt like this forever, hasn't changed throughout history. But now with modern society evolving to be more accepting, they are feeling able to express themselves. And good for them! If you won't accept them for who they are, why should they accept you for the piece of **** you are?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares in this day and age? If someone wants to chop their balls off and grow a pair of tits that's their choice.

Certainly not my cup of tea but it's a free country.

ReputationRep:
    Ain't nobody 'forcing' me to accept any such new-age nonsense, dw about that. No 'phobia', just not interested. Retrosexuality ftw! :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    QUESTION: Would you date a Trans-gender person?
    Transgenerism is not normal. People who are transgender have a mental problem that needs treatment by a counsellor.

ReputationRep:
    *Walking a thin line. I don't mean to be offensive if it comes across that way*

People complain at countries for not supporting LGBT rights and making homosexuality illegal but why should it be legal? From a scientific stand point its not natural as it prevents procreation and evolution. Maybe everything under LGBT is not normal and weird and it's a case of people being too happy to appease or being accepting when really the right approach is to discourage it or try to change it all.

ReputationRep:
    No one should be demonised for not embracing lgbt's. This is intolerant and bigoted to people who don't embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madeline_H95)
    *Walking a thin line. I don't mean to be offensive if it comes across that way*

People complain at countries for not supporting LGBT rights and making homosexuality illegal but why should it be legal? From a scientific stand point its not natural as it prevents procreation and evolution. Maybe everything under LGBT is not normal and weird and it's a case of people being too happy to appease or being accepting when really the right approach is to discourage it or try to change it all.
    Do you think post menopausal women should not be in relationships because they can't procreate and prevent evolution?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.