Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an asexual girl - AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    Is 'ace' a code word for asexual? or what does it mean?
    Ace is a contraction of asexual. Ace also means awesome so it's fitting in a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As the title says. I'm 17, female, and asexual. AMA
    Why are banks closed on sundays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Hi how do I become asexual?
    You can't become asexual. You just are or aren't. It's an act of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Ace is a contraction of asexual. Ace also means awesome so it's fitting in a way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is it fitting? What's "awesome" about being asexual?

ReputationRep:
    What is the mating procedure for an asexual human girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallah abdi)
    Because the lack of sex and any interest in it freaks people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't become asexual. You just are or aren't. It's an act of God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok thanks for letting me know...

ReputationRep:
    Because the lack of sex and any interest in it freaks people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not what awesome means.

ReputationRep:
    - Hobbies/ interests?
    - Personality wise, do you identify more with guys or with girls? In terms of the way you act, talk, body language etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallah abdi)
    Because we don't get distracted/influenced at all by thoughts/offers of sex. It's great, with less desires and urges to deal with your mind can focus on much more important things! For me the energy I would've spent getting all like "ooo I would totally bang that" is used instead for contemplating he inner workings of the universe, which I'm sure you agree is much more important than whether your going to have sex with someone or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Because we don't get distracted/influenced at all by thoughts/offers of sex. It's great, with less desires and urges to deal with your mind can focus on much more important things! For me the energy I would've spent getting all like "ooo I would totally bang that" is used instead for contemplating he inner workings of the universe, which I'm sure you agree is much more important than whether your going to have sex with someone or not.
    I love science but everyone has different aims in their life. Some desire relationships, love, sexual joy, spiritual peace, some want a career or money, I would say whatever makes people happy they should stick with it.

I'm an ace too but it's not awesome or better or worse than anyone of other sexuality, we are just who we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicoleArbour)
    Hey! I believe that gay and straight people exist. None of this asexual, bisexual, transsexual and demisexual business. People put labels on everything, things that don't even exist. It's a phase, you'll grow out of it, maybe see a doctor for your low sex drive.
    Really - Bisexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipka)
    Is 'ace' a code word for asexual? or what does it mean?

I'm not sure about if I want children or not, but if I did decide I would defiantly foster/adopt rather than go through sex, pregnancy and birth!

Why is the disability of the child you adopt relevant?
    But, if I was going to foster/adopt I would specifically look for someone with a disability.
    It's just that some seem to prefer not to adopt somebody with a disability but good to see you aren't one of those people!

So what?

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been in a relationship?
    If so, did it end badly?
    If not, do you plan to be in one, despite the lack of attraction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Hi how do I become asexual?
    I guess you just know it?? Main clue is, you are not attracted to anyone, any gender
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    meh

I'm 17, male, and asexual

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you just haven't found someone you're attracted to yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Pleasure is a very important thing for your health. Sex = pleasure, if you're not attracted to them you won't enjoy it. All kind of benefits I'm sure you can ask google about if you're unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyAbs)
    Pleasure is a very important thing for your health. Sex = pleasure, if you're not attracted to them you won't enjoy it. All kind of benefits I'm sure you can ask google about if you're unsure.
    Actually Freud got that one wrong. Sex = hormone rush and pleasure for those who enjoy it. It's not necessary for happiness though. Plenty of other things bring pleasure though.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted your post. It's quite ambiguous with its meaning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.