Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for me i will find history modern world.
    how do you revise?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by geek567)
    for me i will find history modern world.
    how do you revise?
    Is that ocr history B? I do that too

And it will probably be Geography and Biology for me

ReputationRep:
    i do history A Edexcel.
    is there any revision tips.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    i do history A Edexcel.
    is there any revision tips.
    Ah right - for me mind maps do the trick and flashcards are good for dates and important people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Ah right - for me mind maps do the trick and flashcards are good for dates and important people

is there any tips on how to get an A/A* on English language.
    what phrases could i put for a letter of complaint
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    is there any tips on how to get an A/A* on English language.
    what phrases could i put for a letter of complaint
    English Language I find one the hardest to revise for. I normally just ensure I know the formats of everything and do odd 10minutes looking up synonyms to make my writing sound better. For a letter of complaint make sure your argument is balanced as it sounds more convincing. Ask lots of questions to play with the readers' emotions.

I don't know if it will be helpful but I have a GYG thread and there are some helpful tips on it for things like Geog, English and Science - you could take a look if you like (I think about page 20-22 is where I posted them)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

ReputationRep:
    English Language I find one the hardest to revise for. I normally just ensure I know the formats of everything and do odd 10minutes looking up synonyms to make my writing sound better. For a letter of complaint make sure your argument is balanced as it sounds more convincing. Ask lots of questions to play with the readers' emotions.

I don't know if it will be helpful but I have a GYG thread and there are some helpful tips on it for things like Geog, English and Science - you could take a look if you like (I think about page 20-22 is where I posted them)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511
    thanks, i am going to be doing the new spec for maths in 2017. do you know anything about it since my school are not really telling me anything but we won't have the formulas.
    do you know anything that will be there?if not how do you revise for maths.is there any good websites for maths edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    edexcel chemistry further additional (C3)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    thanks, i am going to be doing the new spec for maths in 2017. do you know anything about it since my school are not really telling me anything but we won't have the formulas.
    do you know anything that will be there?if not how do you revise for maths.is there any good websites for maths edexcel
    Ah yes my brother is in \year 10 so will do the new one next year too. I think the reason your school hasn't told you much about it is because they don't know themselves. \my brothers maths teacher said he hasn't seen any material for the new course yet. To be honest I don't think you get any help whatsoever on the exam paper in terms of formula but I'm not entirely sure. For maths all I can advise you to do is do past papers and I know you don't have any of the new ones to try, but use old ones so you can get used to the method of working through them - and don't print off the formula page so you are replicating what will be in the real thing.

As for websites, I use MyMaths and JustMaths to revise

ReputationRep:
    AQA English Literature 100%

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes my brother is in \year 10 so will do the new one next year too. I think the reason your school hasn't told you much about it is because they don't know themselves. \my brothers maths teacher said he hasn't seen any material for the new course yet. To be honest I don't think you get any help whatsoever on the exam paper in terms of formula but I'm not entirely sure. For maths all I can advise you to do is do past papers and I know you don't have any of the new ones to try, but use old ones so you can get used to the method of working through them - and don't print off the formula page so you are replicating what will be in the real thing.

As for websites, I use MyMaths and JustMaths to revise
    thanks, next year for an option i will be doing statistics.
    currently,i'm doing average in maths .i don't know whether i have made a mistake.
    have u done it? if yes did you personally find it hard?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    thanks, next year for an option i will be doing statistics.
    currently,i'm doing average in maths .i don't know whether i have made a mistake.
    have u done it? if yes did you personally find it hard?
    When you say average what sort of marks are you looking at? And I don't think you have made a mistake, even though I haven't done it personally as my school never offered it. You still have a whole year and there is plenty of time to get your head around the methods for questions.

ReputationRep:
    Art. 10 hours of exam to get an A1 piece completely finished.

How I revise: Submit to my art teacher and spend every waking minute of my life working on the pieces in my project, nearly often cutting my levels of sleep to dangerously low levels just to get the pieces done by the day they are due.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    History and probably Literature. too many content for these two subjects :/ i have 2 books for lit to learn and two history exams full of content! arghh

ReputationRep:
    When you say average what sort of marks are you looking at? And I don't think you have made a mistake, even though I haven't done it personally as my school never offered it. You still have a whole year and there is plenty of time to get your head around the methods for questions.

well according to my teacher i'm not doing bad however as i'm in set 2 for maths
    (second highest) i feel that im doing quite bad. i recently got my mock back and my score for non calculator was 41/100 and for calculator i got 49/100
    looking at all my mock i feel that im not improving also last year i was getting the same results.At the end of this year i want to get a B. And the fact that next year real exam will be really hard i'm just really worried.i really do revise and after school i go and do an catch-up. 90% of the time in class i know what to do but when it comes to a mock i do really bad and reallllly sill mistakes.were u like that?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    well according to my teacher i'm not doing bad however as i'm in set 2 for maths
    (second highest) i feel that im doing quite bad. i recently got my mock back and my score for non calculator was 41/100 and for calculator i got 49/100
    looking at all my mock i feel that im not improving also last year i was getting the same results.At the end of this year i want to get a B. And the fact that next year real exam will be really hard i'm just really worried.i really do revise and after school i go and do an catch-up. 90% of the time in class i know what to do but when it comes to a mock i do really bad and reallllly sill mistakes.were u like that?
    Set 2 is really good and your mocks are better than some of the people in my Set 1 class got the other week so honestly don't worry. A good way to secure a good grade is to always show working out as it can gain you marks without realising. To me, it sounds like you just need to practice applying what you learn in class to the tests you are going to sit. - so as I said before, start doing maths questions as soon as possible so you can practice the technique and it will highlight where you need to focus your revision.

ReputationRep:
    Set 2 is really good and your mocks are better than some of the people in my Set 1 class got the other week so honestly don't worry. A good way to secure a good grade is to always show working out as it can gain you marks without realising. To me, it sounds like you just need to practice applying what you learn in class to the tests you are going to sit. - so as I said before, start doing maths questions as soon as possible so you can practice the technique and it will highlight where you need to focus your revision.
    thanks a lot for the help. i can honestly say that you've been a great help
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    thanks a lot for the help. i can honestly say that you've been a great help
    You're really welcome. I genuinely hope you get the grades you want and if you ever need any more help - you know where to find me

Good luck

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.