Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Since you've already applied, I'll ask you if you don't mind Do you have any idea what this is supposed to be?

"Document issued by competent authority, certifying the applicant's right to continue education in high schools in the country where secondary education was acquired"

(Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Since you've already applied, I'll ask you if you don't mind Do you have any idea what this is supposed to be?

"Document issued by competent authority, certifying the applicant's right to continue education in high schools in the country where secondary education was acquired"
    It's your certificate of studies. I'm sorry I don't know how to say it in english .. I mean , I had my baccalaureate , and it allows me to go to uni. So baccalaureate comes with this sheet of paper "Baccalaureate - certificate of blablabla- ". And they are talking about this thing :P
    Do you get it ?

ReputationRep:
    It's your certificate of studies. I'm sorry I don't know how to say it in english .. I mean , I had my baccalaureate , and it allows me to go to uni. So baccalaureate comes with this sheet of paper "Baccalaureate - certificate of blablabla- ". And they are talking about this thing :P
    Do you get it ?
    Hmm, still confused :P

I mean, I'm sure I have it, because I went to uni in Canada for a couple years after high school. But I don't think I have a proper certificate stating it.

Hmm, still confused :P

I mean, I'm sure I have it, because I went to uni in Canada for a couple years after high school. But I don't think I have a proper certificate stating it.
    Did you pass something like A-level or something ?
    Because you know you don't have to actually have the paper to apply! Just you write which "diploma" you have (A level, Bac .. )

ReputationRep:
    I passed the Canadian high school system and have a diploma. But I am also taking A-levels since I wanted to apply to the UK. Didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I am predicted A*A*A*.

Did you pass something like A-level or something ?Because you know you don't have to actually have the paper to apply! Just you write which "diploma" you have (A level, Bac .. )

I passed the Canadian high school system and have a diploma. But I am also taking A-levels since I wanted to apply to the UK. Didn't work out like I'd hoped, but I am predicted A*A*A*.
    Okay then it's perfect! To apply you just have to specify all of it

ReputationRep:
    Okay then it's perfect! To apply you just have to specify all of it
    Perfect. Thanks!

I was thinking of just applying to Plovdiv with my Canadian high school grades (and not saying I'm taking A-levels) - so that if I get an offer it will be unconditional. But I don't know if they are good enough to get in.

I'll definitely give them to Charles though because it probably has much higher requirements.

Perfect. Thanks!

I was thinking of just applying to Plovdiv with my Canadian high school grades (and not saying I'm taking A-levels) - so that if I get an offer it will be unconditional. But I don't know if they are good enough to get in.

I'll definitely give them to Charles though because it probably has much higher requirements.
    Good ^.^ let le know if you need help

ReputationRep:
    Good ^.^ let le know if you need help
    Can I ask if you applied anywhere else?

Can I ask if you applied anywhere else?
    Sure, I applied to : Charles Uni 1st faculty, Charles Uni 3rd faculty, Brno med school, Semmelweis Uni in Budapest, Otago Uni in New Zealand

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I applied to : Charles Uni 1st faculty, Charles Uni 3rd faculty, Brno med school, Semmelweis Uni in Budapest, Otago Uni in New Zealand
    Ah okay, thanks

Ah okay, thanks
    YW ^.^ are you currently studying A-level ?

ReputationRep:
    YW ^.^ are you currently studying A-level ?
    Yes, for the June 2016 exams. Chem, Bio and Phys.

Yes, for the June 2016 exams. Chem, Bio and Phys.
    I see ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Online application is okay ! You just do your things in english, and when you download it it will be automatically in Czech, and it would be send to them automaticall. You don't need to go there except for the entrance exam (but you can choose in which country to pass , if the country is on the list)

The course is entirely in english, but you'll have to learn Czech (they'll give lessons)

I'm sorry I don't know anything about loans :/

look what is written on the Charles First Faculty website:"Students are selected on the basis of an entrance examination. It is necessary to:
    • provide a notarized and translated copy of high school diploma (by Czech notary and to the Czech language)"

how you solve with the Czech notary?

(Original post by the_queen)
    look what is written on the Charles First Faculty website:"Students are selected on the basis of an entrance examination. It is necessary to:
    • provide a notarized and translated copy of high school diploma (by Czech notary and to the Czech language)"

how you solve with the Czech notary?
    You should contact them ! Because I messaged them and they told me it was okay in english !

ReputationRep:
    You should contact them ! Because I messaged them and they told me it was okay in english !

thank you! Good luck in your new journey!

thank you! Good luck in your new journey!
    Thank you !! Good luck to you as well :yep: are you applying for 2016 ?

ReputationRep:
    no, 2017 keep fingers crossed!

no, 2017 keep fingers crossed!
    I cross my fingers for you :yep: good luck :hugs:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.