Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have a huge deadline on the 22nd of April and we need at least a 40 for a pass (First year degree). There's only 4 of us because the other 12 dropped out after finding the course too difficult. Luckily for me, the other 3 people aside from me have been in all my classes for the last 3 years so i know them really well. Trouble is one has a mild learning difficulty and struggles to concentrate, the other has a sick parent and struggles to balance things out and the third is just not very good to be honest.....at what he does.

But they all really enjoy it- just keep falling behind. I spend 2 full days a week grouping everyone together and acting as a second teacher but without actually giving them the answers. I've caught them up but i'm still worried they may not even get 40 this time around....

There's only 6 in year 2 and maybe 8 in year 3 and even they are struggling with passing so what could i do to help out? I know i'ts not my problem and i know i'm not their teacher but there's no harm in helping a classmate out, right?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    We have a huge deadline on the 22nd of April and we need at least a 40 for a pass (First year degree). There's only 4 of us because the other 12 dropped out after finding the course too difficult. Luckily for me, the other 3 people aside from me have been in all my classes for the last 3 years so i know them really well. Trouble is one has a mild learning difficulty and struggles to concentrate, the other has a sick parent and struggles to balance things out and the third is just not very good to be honest.....at what he does.

But they all really enjoy it- just keep falling behind. I spend 2 full days a week grouping everyone together and acting as a second teacher but without actually giving them the answers. I've caught them up but i'm still worried they may not even get 40 this time around....

There's only 6 in year 2 and maybe 8 in year 3 and even they are struggling with passing so what could i do to help out? I know i'ts not my problem and i know i'm not their teacher but there's no harm in helping a classmate out, right?
    Indeed there's no harm in helping, it sounds like you do a lot already.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.