Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Feist Watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly a new band but they've got a new album out and I've recently discovered them and it sounds good: http://www.myspace.com/feist
    Anyone else a fan? The song "Mushaboom" features on that ad (can't remember what its for..) where this woman is changing the bed...kinda vague but then I can't really remember it. Anyway, you might recognise the song! The video is pretty good too!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I love Feist, she makes some great music. I'm annoyed that she let a song go on an ad, but I always take issue with that & it might have been her record label who sold it. Anyway, the last album is probably one of my favourites, really good morning music, if that makes sense. I think 'Tout Doucement' is my favourite song on that record; so bouncy, such a great piano part, so perfect! It makes me cheerful. I was worried the new one would be no good, but then I was reassured when I heard it in all its loveliness. She's a very pretty lady too. V. chic.

ReputationRep:
    I love Feist and there is the very real danger that I might confess this love for her when I go to see her in July. She is AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    Feist is just one girl, not a band, correct?

Leisure Suite is my favorite song right now.

And yeah I thought it was random to hear Mushaboom on a TV ad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady lane)
    Feist is just one girl, not a band, correct?

Leisure Suite is my favorite song right now.

And yeah I thought it was random to hear Mushaboom on a TV ad!
    Yes, feist is one person.

I like her but some of her songs are a little cheesy though, esp. on the new album, Gatekeeper is brilliant mind.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was just one person...but wasn't sure.

ReputationRep:
    Mushaboom was on the Silentnight (mattress) advert and a Lacoste one before that. The former is where I heard it first, a great happy little track. Never got round to buying the whole album though, and I've only heard what is shown on the TV advert from the new one.

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you heard the Postal Service remix of Mushaboom? I love the original song but I think the remix is better. Her newish song 1,2,3,4 is good also.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the postal remix is cool! And I like the video to 1,2,3,4....it reminds me of a different bands video but I can't remember who...:p: Seems to be a recurring theme at the moment!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 26, 2007
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.