Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimsnaywux)
    Title says it all really, how are your a-levels going? strengths and challenges you're finding? feel free to share anything about how are your a-levels going.
    Thoroughly enjoying my huge range of grades from **** to worse(B-U) in Physics
    my Chem is only ever gonna stay at around a C-B level no matter how hard i work (B is optimistic)
    Philosophy need some practise compiling info into a short concise essay within the time given but i'm getting M1 and the occasional D grade(lol laugh all you want but i've gotten a D1 once ^-^)
    Maths i'm getting a good A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Thoroughly enjoying my huge range of grades from **** to worse(B-U) in Physics
    my Chem is only ever gonna stay at around a C-B level no matter how hard i work (B is optimistic)
    Philosophy need some practise compiling info into a short concise essay within the time given but i'm getting M1 and the occasional D grade(lol laugh all you want but i've gotten a D1 once ^-^)
    Maths i'm getting a good A
    alevels is a huge change from gcse don't forget so you're bound to have downs and ups ups and downs, hopefully things work out well and surely you're giving it 100% and thats all you can do really good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Ugh.
    same

ReputationRep:
    Picture paints a thousand words:

--
    It's pretty good, I'm finding Sociology a very easy breeze (just a lot of info to remember) but German and Philosophy are testing the **** out of me. Philosophy essays are driving me insane cause it's so difficult to do well and German speaking exam looming is making me cri everi tyme.

But I am predicted all As so i...should...................... .hopefully.......be...ok

ReputationRep:
    Not going as badly as last year but not 100% confident I'll meet my offers so all in all it could be worse.
    I climb pretty well for a fish.

ReputationRep:
    alevels is a huge change from gcse don't forget so you're bound to have downs and ups ups and downs, hopefully things work out well and surely you're giving it 100% and thats all you can do really good luck!
    The only thing coming down on to me are ****grades and Us, 100% for me does nothing, Max effort doesn't do sh*t for me. Even the physics teachers told me that they couldn't predict me a grade for what i'd get at the end of A-levels also that they said that they would tell me that i should work hard BUT THEY ALREADY KNOW [email protected] WORKING HARD ON THIS STUFF so they have no idea what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Picture paints a thousand words:

--
    It's pretty good, I'm finding Sociology a very easy breeze (just a lot of info to remember) but German and Philosophy are testing the **** out of me. Philosophy essays are driving me insane cause it's so difficult to do well and German speaking exam looming is making me cri everi tyme.

But I am predicted all As so i...should...................... .hopefully.......be...ok
    make sure you don't let everything get ontop of you - although grades are what everybody wants you should also want a happy and good health keep up the the hard work of course but also remember to put yourself first hehe

ReputationRep:
    Terrible, stressful, annoying, horrible, long .. its too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelmary97)
    Not going as badly as last year but not 100% confident I'll meet my offers so all in all it could be worse.
    I climb pretty well for a fish.
    although I haven't applied for university (I feel its not for me) if I am correct there is always clearing (I'm not so sure how it fully works but I know its there for those who don't meet their offers) and also some unis will accept students even if one grade off (from what friends have said I'm not 100% sure if true)

however have confidence in yourself and do your best !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66Sharlene99)
    Terrible, stressful, annoying, horrible, long .. its too much
    please do not let these a-levels get onto of you, I mean many of teachers will say being stressed if good because it shows you're bothered about your grades, work etc BUUUT do not let a-levels ruin you, allow yourself your time, do your best and thats all you can ever do and if things get super tough speak to somebody

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely awful haha, it scares me to think about A2 when I can't even cope with AS.

ReputationRep:
    awful my average grade in most subjects is a D

ReputationRep:
    It's ok but I think I can do better now that I have started revising properly

ReputationRep:
    make sure you don't let everything get ontop of you - although grades are what everybody wants you should also want a happy and good health keep up the the hard work of course but also remember to put yourself first hehe
    Yeah yeah, I know I sometimes forget but I'm usually okay.

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly bricking it now. I thought about this time last year where we had finished learning the AS stuff in February and we just revised up until the exam. But for Chemistry and C4 we haven't finished learning content yet and still have quite a bit to do

ReputationRep:
    Why did i even take biology? It's such aids. And d1 maths is an abomination. At this point in going to have to drive up to Manchester and give the admissions tutor a handjob a week before results day.

And don't even get me started on science ISAs. I swear every school cheats but ours. That's the only explanation for the grade boundaries. 74% on one of the practice ISA's we had to do was an E

ReputationRep:
    Also does anybody have revision tips they'd like to share?

ReputationRep:
    Also does anybody have revision tips they'd like to share?
    Ask about any doubts and don't push it over.

Sounds simple but it really helps to look up little things you don't understand instead of thinking "Oh it's fine it won't come up in the exam". A) You'll guarantee understanding of the full syllabus B) You'll probably find out a hundred other new things - some of which are very useful to know

ReputationRep:
    Could be better if OCR chem exams weren't so hard How is an A* even possible? :bawling:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.