abigailmikael
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm doing IGCSE's next year may/june with the exam board edexcel, could I revise from edexcel GCSE books for edexcel IGCSE?
Bapujisamji
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They mostly have similar topics but 28 of the linear GCSE topics are omitted from the IGCSE.
Omitted topics

These topics are included in the GCSE, but are not included in the Level1/Level 2 Edexcel IGCSE Certificate in Mathematics. It is essential that you don’t invest time revising aspects of the normal curriculum that you don’t need to revise. ·

Exponential growth· Checking by estimation· Completing the square· Trial and improvement· Gradients of perpendicular lines· Exponential functions· Transformations of graphs· Equation of a circle· Side-angle-side triangles (SAS), Angle-angle-sidetriangles (AAS)· Proofs of circle theorems· Trigonometry graphs· Angles greater than 180o· Frustum of a cone· Construct a perpendicular from a point to a line· Loci· Negative scale factor· Plans and elevations· Metric/imperial conversion· Collecting data· Two-way tables· Seasonality and trends· Scatter graphs, including lines of best fit· Correlation· Box plot· Stem and leaf.

The IGCSE includes three A Level Maths topics in lieu of this which are: Differentiation, Set Theory, Functions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads