Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MountKimbie the Chunder Dragon Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I went on a bit of a mad one last night. Half a litre bottle of Russian Standard at pres, hit me all at once, ended up blasting my housemates with our fire extinguisher, you know how it is.

I wake up and my bed/floor is covered in sick. I had meatballs for dinner; rich in cumin/paprika etc so I cannot for the life of me get it out of the carpet/mattress. It is not hoovering up and I've used an array of cleaning products and it won't budge.

Minions of TSR and upholstery magicians, how do I clean my carpet/bed?

Ps drink sensibly, I was an idiot for drinking so much so quickly.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    x
    My god, sorry to hear this…

This wikiHow thing has some pretty sound advice… best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thermite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    My god, sorry to hear this…

This wikiHow thing has some pretty sound advice… best of luck!
    I've tried a few of the methods here. Not enough chunklets to use a spatula. Its really rubbed into the carpet..

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've tried a few of the methods here. Not enough chunklets to use a spatula. Its really rubbed into the carpet..

Try the vinegar one :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Try the vinegar one :holmes:
    Even on my bed?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Even on my bed?
    Well… I reckon you should write off the mattress as soon as possible… But… desperate times and desperate measures…

ReputationRep:
    Well… I reckon you should write off the mattress as soon as possible… But… desperate times and desperate measures…
    My landlord will kill me...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My landlord will kill me...
    Can't you save up to replace the mattress? Also, shops like The Range will allow you to hire an industrial carpet cleaner: http://www.therange.co.uk/fcp/conten...doctor/content

ReputationRep:
    Can't you save up to replace the mattress? Also, shops like The Range will allow you to hire an industrial carpet cleaner: http://www.therange.co.uk/fcp/conten...doctor/content
    Oh iEthan..these are some expensive options you are presenting to me. Vinegar it is!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh iEthan..these are some expensive options you are presenting to me. Vinegar it is!
    I'm sorry :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Cheap option is to just flip the mattress.

ReputationRep:
    So I went on a bit of a mad one last night. Half a litre bottle of Russian Standard at pres, hit me all at once, ended up blasting my housemates with our fire extinguisher, you know how it is.

I wake up and my bed/floor is covered in sick. I had meatballs for dinner; rich in cumin/paprika etc so I cannot for the life of me get it out of the carpet/mattress. It is not hoovering up and I've used an array of cleaning products and it won't budge.

Sounds like the only way for it to be cleaned properly is to rent yourself either a carpet cleaner (can also clean the bed with a hose attachment) or hire a professional. Shouldn't be more more than £50 to get a professional, less to rent but it'll get the job done properly.

if you hire a professional instead of rent go on the the Liverpool trading facebook pages and ask around, make sure you get someone with good recommendations/ reviews there are some dodgy ones on there.

Also lol, you're a right tit.

ReputationRep:

Lol lightweight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Lol lightweight
    I usually handle alcohol really well, never do anything stupid apart from the occasional hook up, but last night was carnage.

Hit me so hard. Haven't drunk like that in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Sounds like the only way for it to be cleaned properly is to rent yourself either a carpet cleaner (can also clean the bed with a hose attachment) or hire a professional. Shouldn't be more more than £50 to get a professional, less to rent but it'll get the job done properly.

if you hire a professional instead of rent go on the the Liverpool trading facebook pages and ask around, make sure you get someone with good recommendations/ reviews there are some dodgy ones on there.

Also lol, you're a right tit.
    Ugh £50. I move out soon anyway........

And yeah, it's not like me to drink enough to throw up but whatever, it happened. I'm lucky I didn't choke in my sleep, I don't even remember being sick.

Still hungover

ReputationRep:
    Ugh £50. I move out soon anyway........

And yeah, it's not like me to drink enough to throw up but whatever, it happened. I'm lucky I didn't choke in my sleep, I don't even remember being sick.

Still hungover
    well it's only going to come out of your deposit anyway, and it'll be cheaper than £50 if you just rent the vac like someone above posted. £20 for a day.

I guarantee whatever you don't pay now to fix it you'll end up losing at least double from your deposit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    well it's only going to come out of your deposit anyway, and it'll be cheaper than £50 if you just rent the vac like someone above posted. £20 for a day.

I guarantee whatever you don't pay now to fix it you'll end up losing at least double from your deposit.
    My deposit scheme is amazing, it's protected with a passcode. My landlord has half the passcode, and I have the other half so he can't touch the money.

It will be alright, he won't charge me if I conceal it enough. Lots of fabreeze.

ReputationRep:
    This is what you need. That with hard scrubbing works a treat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.