Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why would a girl talk to me for 2 days then suddenly ignore me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, why would a girl talk to someone for 2 days then suddenly just ignore them? The conversation wasn't awkward, her reply time was quick and everything seemed fine. It's been 5 days now since I sent the last message, which she's seen but no reply.

ReputationRep:
    There are all kinds of reasons, unfortunately most of them involve her not wanting to talk to you anymore. I would send one more text and make it good, if she doesn't reply you just have to leave it.

ReputationRep:
    What did you say? She might have met someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC34)
    As the title says, why would a girl talk to someone for 2 days then suddenly just ignore them? The conversation wasn't awkward, her reply time was quick and everything seemed fine. It's been 5 days now since I sent the last message, which she's seen but no reply.
    Is this on a dating site/app?

If so, the likelihood is that she likes you, but has probably started talking to another guy she fancies more so has decided to just focus on him.

Some girls do this, though it's a litle stupid on their part, because even though a guy might seem great online, he can still be a weirdo / not as impressive IRL, so you should have a few options to start off with and then whittle it down to the best one once you've had chance to meet them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC34)
    She's either playing SUPER hard to get or isn't interested anymore

ReputationRep:
    She was probably bored so she spoke to you, and then she got bored of talking to you. Keep walking chap. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Is this on a dating site/app?

If so, the likelihood is that she likes you, but has probably started talking to another guy she fancies more so has decided to just focus on him.

Some girls do this, though it's a litle stupid on their part, because even though a guy might seem great online, he can still be a weirdo / not as impressive IRL, so you should have a few options to start off with and then whittle it down to the best one once you've had chance to meet them
    She's at my uni, i see her every so often, we both know who each other are

ReputationRep:
    She might be scared of catching feelings or being hurt or whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are't the centre of her universe and she probably has a life away from her phone/ laptop.

Could be a multitude of reasons, we could not possibly tell you which one is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathartic)
    She might be scared of catching feelings or being hurt or whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We should probably stop talking about 'feelings' like a disease that can be caught,. When has playing hard to get and not trusting people got anyone anywhere? It's the most stupid approach to life ever, no one wins and you feel awful.

ReputationRep:
    I've spoken to loads of people once then never spoken with the again.

Unless you're stunningly handsome or extraordinarily exciting to be around why would she talk with you?

ReputationRep:
    don't try to understand women

women don't even understand women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC34)
    The negatives of apps & social media. She'll have found another guy on Tiinder, FB etc to shag, sadly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.