Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

general uni help please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could easily write an essay but:
    - The people I live with all do their own thing and so its like living alone
    - I only have one close friend on my course but they don't live at uni
    - its hard to meet new people on the course because its lecture based and generally people are happy sticking within their groups, not meeting new people
    - I plan my time but hard stuff always comes up and I get behind because of it
    - I struggle to manage extra work on top of lectures
    - Im a little older than people in my year- Im getting mid-high 60s. If I aimed for an achievable 2.1 I could enjoy myself more but I don't want to let myself down by not aiming for a first
    - I need to join a club/society but I find it hard getting involved and then worry I should be studying

Any words of wisdom or people in a similar situation please comment (:
    don't feel the need to reply to each comment!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by QueenBeans)
    Could easily write an essay but:
    - The people I live with all do their own thing and so its like living alone
    - I only have one close friend on my course but they don't live at uni
    - its hard to meet new people on the course because its lecture based and generally people are happy sticking within their groups, not meeting new people
    - I plan my time but hard stuff always comes up and I get behind because of it
    - I struggle to manage extra work on top of lectures
    - Im a little older than people in my year- Im getting mid-high 60s. If I aimed for an achievable 2.1 I could enjoy myself more but I don't want to let myself down by not aiming for a first
    - I need to join a club/society but I find it hard getting involved and then worry I should be studying

Any words of wisdom or people in a similar situation please comment (:
    don't feel the need to reply to each comment!
    Hey

It isn't really easy to make new friends on your course - I find that friendship groups are formed in lectures and tutorials as well and they're pretty unapproachable. So don't worry, it's not just you!

When difficult things pop up, you just have to keep working and don't give up or let yourself fall behind.

Aim to do the best you can in all of your modules, I don't know what subject you study but maybe you can get more specific advice on getting higher marks for your subject.

Socities shouldn't take up that much time every week - think of them as study breaks if you wish. It shouldn't take too long every week to do what the society does, and then go to the social events if you want to (to supposedly make friends).

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.