Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I went to the accommodation open day yesterday and I'm stuck between Oakley Court and Tennis Courts. I like the duplex rooms at Oakley Court and the Pritchatts Park seems like a really pretty place to live. It also looks like it's closer to both the train station and to the main campus than the Vale is. Tennis Courts seemed nice too, I didn't like it as much as Oakley Court but there seems to be more going on in the Vale in terms of things to do (e.g. the pubs and places to eat) and special events.

I guess my questions are: if I lived at Oakley Court, would I still be able to go to all of the special events at the Vale? And does Pritchatts Park have many events of their own? I've been told that Pritchatts can be very quiet sometimes and the Vale can be a bit too loud sometimes. I think I want to live at Oakley Court, but I'm worried that I might miss out on some of the social stuff because I'm not living in the Vale.

ReputationRep:
    If it helps at all I have never experienced it being "very quiet" at Oakley until now since everyone has end of semester deadlines/tests lol. It's too loud most of the time.

Pritchatts is still pretty social, all the halls have their own events run by the residents association and as a fresher living in halls you'll be able to go to all the stuff people on the vale go to. It's not like you won't be able to join in on stuff on the basis of where you're at. Depends what you want and the luck of the draw really. Obviously there's less students at Pritchatts simply because the vale is bigger but if you actually lived here it's not really noticeable. If you're set on ensuite accommodation or meal plan then the vale is the place to go. I'd say the least sociable halls are the Liberty ones and also Victoria halls because there's loads of internationals, 2nd/3rd years or mature students compared to the student villages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodwinning)
    If it helps at all I have never experienced it being "very quiet" at Oakley until now since everyone has end of semester deadlines/tests lol. It's too loud most of the time.

Pritchatts is still pretty social, all the halls have their own events run by the residents association and as a fresher living in halls you'll be able to go to all the stuff people on the vale go to. It's not like you won't be able to join in on stuff on the basis of where you're at. Depends what you want and the luck of the draw really. Obviously there's less students at Pritchatts simply because the vale is bigger but if you actually lived here it's not really noticeable. If you're set on ensuite accommodation or meal plan then the vale is the place to go. I'd say the least sociable halls are the Liberty ones and also Victoria halls because there's loads of internationals, 2nd/3rd years or mature students compared to the student villages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your reply If you don't mind me asking, what kind of social events and things do they run?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.